Daily Show on FOX's teacher/tax/Wall Street hypocrisy

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gabfly1, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I thought I had mentioned that posters here are using alts to vote on threads. I would not pay it any attention.

#11     Mar 4, 2011
  2. Stunning example of liberal stupidity. Bubbles have happened for as long as there have been markets and bubbles will continue to happen for as long as there will be markets. And this one wasn't caused in a vacuum by "financial terrorists;" it wouldn't have been possible without everyone's participation. Not the least of which was politicians pandering and pushing home ownership regardless of ability to afford it, and millions of greedy sheeple living beyond their means, using their houses as ATMs and defaulting en masse. Which the "financial terrorists" ultimately paid for, because as Bernanke testified the bailouts have been profitable.

#12     Mar 4, 2011
  3. My favourite threads are the ones with the lowest ratings. Call it my Right Wing NeoCon filter.

#13     Mar 4, 2011
  4. So they paid back the loans that they never should have received in the first place. Are we OK with giving loans to their victims so they can keep those houses they can't afford?
    The crooks that ran this scam have paid no price, not even the loss of their job. As Mr. Stewart puts it so eloquently, God forbid we lose these great financial masterminds and replace them with a bunch of fuck ups that run the entire country into the ground. Can't have that now can we? Bottom line, those that ran the scam profited handsomely with no real consequence, and their victims, admittedly some very foolish, have paid by losing everything they had. And millions upon millions who did nothing wrong have paid as well. How you can defend these scumbags is beyond me.
    One more thing. GM is now profitable with that bailout money they got. You OK with that, or are you just OK with the banks doing fine. Never seem to see you or your ilk commenting on how well GM is doing, saved tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of jobs. That's a good thing, right?

#14     Mar 4, 2011
  5. One of my threads got 7 single star votes in 5 minutes.

Vote early, vote often.

#15     Mar 4, 2011
  6. I am guilty of this as well...

You are trying to use reason in an argument with a reptile brained programmed right winger.

#16     Mar 4, 2011
  7. I am just as lucid in the R portion, but you are just as brainwashed in your "science" as so many of the P's are.

You just don't know it yet...

#17     Mar 4, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

Translation: I'm desperate for an argument.

#18     Mar 4, 2011
  9. Hello

Hello

Do one of you guys mind explaining to me how this is any different then the entire left wing media branding all of the Tea Partiers as a bunch of violent racist thugs, then turning around and proclaiming that the people in wisconsin are heros?

Is it really a shocker that right wing media sticks up for right wing interests, and left wing media sticks up for left wing interests?

#19     Mar 4, 2011
  10. Wrong captain oblivious, just pointing out the gap in your "reasoning," namely that there was a lot more behind the bubble than the "financial terrorists."

Victims? Why are they victims? You have a victim's mentality. Maybe you should form a club with sandybestdog. Those "victims" were all adults who entered into contracts of their own free will. And in many cases were greedy gluttons who bought more house than they could afford and used them as ATMs. And no, I don't think they should get any help and when they have been helped most have failed again to pay, unlike the "financial terrorists" who did pay back their loans.

#20     Mar 4, 2011