Daily (Morning) Routine - Hopefully everyone would participate

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Satyrican, Jul 8, 2003.

1. I want to start a new trend depicting everyone's daily routine. I think this would be a valuable gem for newbies and veterans alike. Basically just describe your daily routine. Note: not necessary just circumscribed to morning routine, i.e. could be any sessions.

Personally:
    1. Wake up at 6:30. Run, Breakfast, Shower
    2. Check foreign market. Key on currency and interest rates (ex.LIBOR)
    3a. Scan possible plays. Self-builted Excel Scan. Read relevant news, sector. Sources: briefings.com,cbs.marketplace, subscribe to a couple of newsletter (ranging from free to $5 pop a month).
    3b. Update daily journals. Note today's prediction. Expected volatility. Metaphysical feelings as well. Is my back hurting? Why is my stomach churning? Am I ain the zone?
    4. Take 10 minute Nap before Market open. Before nap: Envision myself, going over all the possible strategies/scenarios (i.e. what the hell are the Feds up to). Ask myself is there a threshold or point where I just quit the day and go fishing?
    5. Market opens and the game begins ..:cool:

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. Do you have kids?

:)

3. jay567

jay567

i don't really do much preparation for the trading day...

1) wake up around 8:45 - 9:00am
    2) wash my face and brush my teeth
    3) make some coffee/tea and eat something while watching/reviewing the premarket action for a couple of minutes waiting for the market to open

i try not to analyze too much as i find it hinders my trading and it doesn't take much for me to get mentally set for trading so i find this works best for me.

4. Which time-zone do you live in?

My morning routine is to fall out of bed at about 6:20 (I'm on Pacific time), curse myself for not getting up earlier, and try to get through my morning chores before too much of the action has passed! :D

kp

5. Hopefully one day ... but prospect not looking good :(

Boston, MA.

6. fan27

fan27

wake up at 8:15 am eastern.
    Eat breakfast consisting of Oatmeal/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk (yummy), OJ, double Espresso.
    Catch CNBC's Rick Santelli Bond Market update at 8:30 am.
    Run for 30 minutes.
    Take cold shower to cool off.
    Turn on CNBC until 9:30 to see how Foreign markets are doing.
    Remind myself that I will most certainly lose money today, just like I did the day before and the day before that.
    Proceed to make trades that are totally outside of my system and turn on Miami Vice at 10:00 am to get some relief.
    4:00 pm : after a day of many losers and nearly blowing up several times, I remind myself how much I love this stuff and can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

7. Do you run after you eat? ugh!

kp

8. ROFLMAO!!!

9. Pray to the north, south, west and east, I heard there's one in the east, yet those who pray to east have an interest in the west. So I don't take any chances, I cover all the directions. I pray to the north when I'm long and wrong, and the south when short and (you gotta rhyme for that?)

Go out to the street and get my IBD from the curb while in my Underoos. The neighbors can't stand me cause I'm home when they leave for work, and hanging in the pool when they get home. They're like, "what the hell does this guy do for a living?" Listen to 80's rap and turn on Cartoon Network, or Snoop Dogg MTV re-runs.

HEad to Starbucks at 8:45am buy to coffees and smoke to handrolled cigarettes on the way home. If I don't make money in the 1st half hour, I call my friends who are making money to distract them :) . I get a daily newsletter, which I pay nice money for and do the opposite of what they say. That happens to be where I make most of my money. The name of the company is synonymous with "purity and unsoiled", pure BS plays.

11:00 eat a bowl of Cap'n Crunch while watching DUkes of Hazzard then I take a nap. I'll try and get a look at the big chick from Frankfurt on CNBC if I can. Sometimes I get up before 2pm, if not I usually sleep through the close, and see which stocks I got stopped out on. I think I may have a discipline problem. I used to try all that research stuff, and it didn't work for me. Now I do hardly any research, and make more moeny. I get all the research and opinons from my buddies here on ET.

10. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Morning routine....
    I get up at 7:00 EST. Rub sleep out of eyes.
    Ask Bob which way the market is going...(he watches TV all night)
    Place the order. Put stop in. Take morning dump.
    Bob goes to Circle K to get us coffee.
    Chat online with stock buddies while I watch intently all day.
    Bob naps all afternoon watching Jerry Springer and the Food Channel.

:D :D

#10     Jul 8, 2003