Daily FATAL Newbie Mistake

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Spectra, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

When are you ever going to get it ??????

The reason WHY people dislike vendors like you is because you guys are idiots.

To trade profitably a trader must have CONFIDENCE in the method

How can anyone go to someone elses trading room and possibly have confidence in something they don't own. ?

For goodness sake people you don't need trading rooms and there is no special sauce !!!

Just sit all be yourself with naked charts and watch and watch for hours and hours.

Eventually you will see what you need to and it will be your own.

#21     Apr 21, 2007
  2. hard working "Matt" was their weekly mark , they all took opposite side of his trade.
    Next week is Joe"s turn

#22     Apr 21, 2007
  3. Rocko1

Rocko1

Anyone without a proper keyboard should be wiped off the face of Earth.

#23     Apr 21, 2007
  4. Hacksaw

Hacksaw

Heh Heh ..... startin to get to ya a bit....huh??

Hey, some dude on another thread puts a bunch of blank space below his posts and then types a period at the bottom lefthand margin. Well...its startin to drive some of the other guys nuts.
    I love it!!!

#24     Apr 21, 2007
  5. LOL... Poor Joe. He doesn't even know what's about to hit him...:p

#25     Apr 22, 2007
  6. RAZ0R99

RAZ0R99

:D

#26     Apr 22, 2007
  7. MattF

MattF

Did he really leave the room and announce such, or maybe his brokerage has a daily stop limit set...to which he's done for the day regardless and it makes the rest of the point moot.

Idea of point..good, if taken with an open mind and ignoring the rest.

Presentation of point...not so good based on the circumstances.

#27     Apr 22, 2007
  8. We had a user take the opposite side of Alex's trades. He blew out his account in a few days. I'm not sure what he was trying to accomplish.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#28     Apr 22, 2007
  9. for all these idjits who claim that a "reverse risk/reward ratio" is bad..

please study some math, game theory, probability, etc.

*if* (and that's a BIG if) a trade is 90% winning trade, then a 4:1 "risk/reward" (that is really not a proper use of that term, but lets not devolve into semantics) is ENTIRELY reasonable and profitable

what matters, in the long run - is positive expectancy.

a trade setup's stop/target distance is dependant on a # of factors, but as long as it has positive expectancy, than having a larger stop vs. target (or 1st target) is both logical and produces positive expectancy

i have some setups that have a 2:1 "risk/reward". others have a different ratio.

so what?

i suggest that people who think that the only way to trade successfully is to risk (stop distance) less than the reward (target distance) have no understanding of successful intraday futures trading.

again... what matters is positive expectancy

as for "losing a significant chunk" of his account on one trade... that's another story entirely.

that's just bad money management. i can teach it all day and night, as can puretick, but if a trader won't use proper position sizing, he's most likely dead at some point.

#29     Apr 22, 2007
  10. Yep!

Most of my successful setups require more risk then reward. The setups with very little r/rw ratio almost always get stopped out. I've just learned to aceept this fact and let them play out.

CajunSniper / Puretick.com Administrator-Trader

#30     Apr 30, 2007