daily expectations

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Boomer, Sep 12, 2003.

1. That's why I have been for sometime thinking to use "a % of daily range" as measurement. Not sure yet! :confused:

#21     Sep 13, 2003
  2. Great Idea......I must contemplate this too.

Michael B.

#22     Sep 13, 2003
  3. The more I think about this the more sense it makes.

The MAE/MFE/Velocity micro manages the trade set-up....The Days Range cold be used to guage whether one is taking what the market gives....

Good Idea.....

Michael B.

#23     Sep 13, 2003
  4. Half-full would be one of the most important psychological set-ups, besides technical.

So-called Random may not be truly random.

And, so-called Real-time on ET may not be really real-time. :D :D

#24     Sep 13, 2003
  5. As long as profitable (and following the game plan), I'm happy (not keen). :p

#25     Sep 13, 2003
  6. As long as you follow your game plan and listen to the market, you will be profitable :)

Michael B.

#26     Sep 13, 2003
  7. Boomer (the author to this thread) has other concerns that he needs to address. The ramblings of 2 traders are a bit more specific than this undergrad is looking for.

Boomer?

Michael B.

#27     Sep 13, 2003
  8. Exactly! :)

#28     Sep 13, 2003
  9. Isn't that listening to the market is part of the game plan?:confused: :D

#29     Sep 13, 2003
  10. :)

Profitability is static and arbitrary based on ones expectations, but expectations are not valid as the market will not listen.

Following a plan is discretionary and requires a trader to listen to the market and adjust after the fact, to get what it MIGHT give.

Drawing lines in the Sand......well I prefer to work with the discretionary side :)

Michael B.

#30     Sep 13, 2003