Daily EUR/USD trades

Discussion in 'Forex' started by romik, Nov 23, 2006.

1. romik

romik

Closed @ 1.3081 -8 pips

I don't like the way price behaves outside the pennant right now

Net PnL: +53 pips
    Winning trades: 2 +103
    Losing trades: 4 -50
    Running P/F: 2.06

#31     Nov 24, 2006
  2. pere

pere

are you a long time trader (swinger)
    or a day trader ?

do you get paid interest (rollover) on your long trades or not ?

#32     Nov 24, 2006
  3. romik

romik

Shalom :), I have some info about me in my profile, I am still a novice trader, live trading since Feb '06. I trade my own money for now. FWIW I only trade what I believe in, no disrespect, your calls might be excellent, but I have to go with my own principles.

#33     Nov 24, 2006
  4. romik

romik

a) both;
    b) I get charged interest for carrying long trades and vice versa

#34     Nov 24, 2006
  5. pere

pere

i think that a good trader knows what stratgy suits for himself and i do respect your belive in yourself.

i also dont trust no one untill he has proven to me for more then 3 months that his methood works.

eventually i am looking to have an automated strategy that works...
    but i guess it will take me a lot of time to develop such strategy...

howeveri would like to here you opinion on the eur/usd because i dont think that i shuld let go of my trade i bought at 1.2967 and i believe that in few days we might even see 1.34 or more (i would settel foir 320 pips on that trade only)

what do you recon' ?

#35     Nov 24, 2006
  6. romik

romik

As you can see I am not swinging it due to late timing of getting into FX market, I just started trading that pair yesterday. As far as my target is concerned I would expect ~1.3250, I believe leaving a trade to run higher than that is equivalent to not seeing a possible pullback around 1.3250 and since your entry is above a daily reaction low, I, personally would not hold over that price. But, saying that, I remind you that I will still trade it on in&out basis for now.

Plus you have H&S seen on 3/5 min charts at the moment, price out of the pennant. I won't short it, but will rather wait for a buy signal.

#36     Nov 24, 2006
  7. pere

pere

you know that this event happened exactly 2 years ago when i traded the dollar it broke 1.3 by december for christmes and went all the way untill it touched 1.3650.
    i lost lots of money on that unexpected move but today i came up ready for that and bought 500,000 lot.
    i want to make at least $10,000 profit from that one.

i even think of buy ing 2 more lots (200k)...

:)

#37     Nov 24, 2006
  8. romik

romik

If you want an opinion of a long term trader, rather than a newbie like myself, find B1S2 and ask him in his FX Journal, he doesn't trade cash though, so he might post his opinion on Euro FX.

#38     Nov 24, 2006
  9. pere

pere

thanks i will do that

#39     Nov 24, 2006
  10. romik

romik

long 1.3078

#40     Nov 24, 2006