Daily charts from the past?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jonbig04, Jun 28, 2008.

1. So who needs real time data or streaming charts? Is there somewhere I could get daily or weekly charts on NQ? My plan is to print out a couple days or weeks worth and draw my conclusions, then i can look at the next ones to see what happened. I've googled but i swear its like its a big secret. Any ideas?

2. Fack. i still cant find this.

3. http://www.barchart.com/

very good published charts.. I have stack of them from years back.

you could order old charts..

4. You're the man. i think this is going to work. Why are some of the bars black?

5. If you really want great data that goes back decades, and that you can put into 3rd party software to manipulate as you wish, try CSI or Pinnacle. CSI has been around forever (I used them in the 80's), but I prefer Pinnacle, and its cheaper. Yes you have to pay. For just Globex contracts for example, shouldn't be more than 30 bucks per month. If you want some serious in depth data on just NQ, it would be 14 per month, after you buy the data base for 150.

They have Dow data from 1901.

pinnacledata.com

No, I don't work for them, or anyone for that matter.

6. Might be what I have to do, The barchart.com charts appeared to be working, but half of the bars are black and more importantly I cant get them to make any sense. e.g. shouldnt a chart covering 1 day with a frequency of 60 min have 24 different candlesticks? not 9. I cant get any of them to work. Damnit!