Daily Bible Verse

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good Morning!

I will post a Bible verse here every morning. That is, unless this thread gets overrun by haters of God.....

My motivation is two-fold.

The primary motivation is actually to serve as a mechanism for getting up early for trading. I figure if I make a commitment to post a verse between 5:00 am and 5:30 am every day then it will serve kind of like a time stamp for clocking in to a job and help with self-discipline needed to do this without a boss checking in.

The secondary motivation, which probably should have been the first motivation, but in all honesty, it wasn't:), is to start off the day with a Bible verse.

Today's verse is:

07-17-2022.png

If someone is going to be obnoxious and ruin this thread, could you please at least wait a few weeks so that I have time to establish the habit of getting up super early first before closing the thread? Thanks in advance, I'd appreciate it.

birdman and FortuneTeller like this.
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Most people just set an alarm clock. Your primary motivation is to have a thread dedicated to post Bible versus because it gives you pleasure. Be honest with yourself and with everyone else here.

3. themickey

themickey

07-17-2022.png
    Nigeria: 2 more priests kidnapped in Kaduna State
    Two Catholic priests, travelling between parishes, were abducted by bandits on Friday afternoon and are being held captive The Chancellor of Kafanchan Diocese, in the ecclesiastical province of Kaduna, is appealing for prayers for their quick and safe release.

Father John Mark Cheitnum and Father Donatus Cleopas are the latest in a string of Catholic priests to be kidnapped in Nigeria.

In a statement released by the Chancellor of the Catholic Diocese of Kafanchan in Kaduna State, Rev. Father Emmanuel Uchechukwu Okolo, announced with sorrow the kidnapping of the two priests.

He reported that the abduction occurred “around 5.45 pm of July 15, 2022, shortly after the two priests who were on their way to a function at a different parish (Gure).....

“May Jesus, crucified on the Cross, listen to our prayers and hasten the unconditional release of His Priests and all other kidnapped persons.”

Increasing insecurity
    At least 20 priests have been kidnapped in Nigeria since the beginning of 2022, five in the first week of July alone.......

Although most were released unharmed, three were killed. Despite the federal government’s claims to the contrary, insecurity in Nigeria is on the rise, with kidnappings for ransom taking place daily across the country.
    https://www.vaticannews.va/en/churc...dnapped-insecurity-kaduna-appeal-prayers.html

4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

“hater of god” is offensive.

you really mean “haters of your god.”

5. I did set an alarm clock all of last week, and for several of those days, somehow after turning it off, it was suddenly about 30 to 45 minutes later! Time disappeared...or maybe I just overslept. :D So I need accountability!

You are right that I do like sharing Bible verses!

6. Overnight

Overnight

You need a better alarm clock.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  7. The Lord is good to those whose trust is in Him, but people are not very good to other people! Why would someone blame God for the actions of people?

8. themickey

themickey

What is the lord's prayer about?
    'Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.'

9. Overnight

Overnight

I prefer the "thy" and "trespasses" bits. Makes it all sound more mystical. And you forgot the "For yours is the Kingdom of heaven, forever and ever, Amen." part. You are such a crappy Christian. You are going to hell, obviously.

Oh, wait, you are in Australia. You are already there. :)

themickey likes this.
  10. We ask for Jesus' kingdom to come because, obviously, He is not in His kingdom on earth yet, and His will is definitely not being done on earth yet either. So we pray, because we know that someday, very soon, He will physically return to earth, "and every eye shall see Him."

#10     Jul 17, 2022
    birdman and wastelands like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.