Daedalus

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DDmaster, Apr 22, 2011.

1. APRIL = + 3.03 %

Another positive month and beat the S&P 500 not by much but beat it none the less.
    I have decided to show a more complete view of my account, so I’m attaching my monthly trading statements April will come later as IB takes a while to make it , I don’t know why because you can view the entire month anyway now with custom date selection so there’s no reason why It should take a few more days.
    I will also be attaching my updated spread sheet tracking once a month.

#11     Apr 30, 2011
  2. December

#12     Apr 30, 2011
  3. January

#13     Apr 30, 2011
  4. February

#14     Apr 30, 2011
  5. March

#15     Apr 30, 2011
  6. Account value: 43,300 $

Yesterday was an eventful day, banked 96.7 $ and have an open loss of -224.8 $

I decided to shorten the trade length as to generate more entries and hopefully a quicker turnover of positions, this might have been a bad idea as now I have more losses than I would have had, had I not changed my trading style, I’m going to carry on with this method as I believe it will improve results on the long term and there’s only one way to find out for sure, after all one bad day isn’t a strong enough indication that a system is inadequate.

There were too many trades to mention in detail so ill summarise

Bought: SHW, MCD, MO, HRL, RPM, BXS, BKH, CTBI, LOW, CTAS, TDS, WRE, UBSI, ABM, FUL, RPM (again) , WGL, HGT, LSE, UVV and FUL(again)

Sold: CXE, RPM, CTAS, MCD, FUL, TDS, BXS, NIE, WRE, WGL, UBSI and FUL (again)

#16     May 3, 2011
  7. Account value : 43,269 $

Yesterday even though the account value when slightly in to the negative (30.3)$ i feel it was a good day as the shorter term trading seems to be working better, i banked +38.3 $ and only have one position left from everything i opened yesterday, and it was at +1.17$ at close.
    Running open loss is (293) $

Opened:

DBD, LEG, WRE, EV, CLC, VAL,IRET, TR, KO, MHP, DOV, UVV, ADC, CUZ, EGN, STR, CWT, TDS, PNY.

Sold:

UVV, LSE, BKH, ABM, MO, DBD, CLC, VAL, IRET, MHP, LEG, KO, EV, CUZ, TR, VAL, WRE, DOV, TDS, EGN, ADC, UVV, CWT, PNY.

#17     May 4, 2011
  8. Account value : 43,083 $

Taking a bit of a drawdown at the moment possibly because of over trading. There were too many positions yesterday to mention them from now on ill just mention the account value and possibly the P&L of the day.

#18     May 5, 2011
  9. April 2011

#19     May 5, 2011
  10. Account value : 43,370 $

It was a very good day yesterday closed +329.7 $ account value went up +575.6 $ closed allot of positions and wasn’t even in front of my computer all day, only about 1.5 hours.

At one point during the day I made a new high and I probably should have closed all positions but I got greedy and thought it might go higher, but no it dropped …. Would have, should have , could have, sold it on the top.

Any way all in all it was a good day.

#20     May 7, 2011