Dad's Kid Day Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by DadsSon, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's the OP that doesn't belong in this thread. I think he's making a big mistake going to this site before graduating high school. It'll make for a series of depressing relationships when his time gets ciphoned away from more romantic interludes he would have had had he not discovered this website, and came here first.

I haven't found programming threads as anything but a place to showcase portfolios of charts, and little to no actual programming with the occasional discussion of techniques.

#21     Mar 29, 2012
  2. DadsSon

DadsSon

Had a lot to do today and church duties.

Was a short day for me trading.

1st trade was Extreme Buy and made +1.00

then had to wait long time cause of Dojis, big bars and or congestion

2nd trade sold 828.70 and made +1.00

3rd trade Extreme Buy and lost - 1.40

I stopped cause I was nervous and wanted to finsih up on the day.

#22     Mar 30, 2012
  3. etile

etile

Your posts clog up every entertaining thread I come across on this website. Do you have some chip on your shoulder or something???

#23     Mar 31, 2012
  4. Good luck with your trading here. First you should know there is an ignore function so that you don't have to read posts from people who are inappropriate. Simply click on the persons name and then put them on ignore. I would recommend reading a book callled "Market Wizards" when you get time, you should be able to get it from your local library. :)

#24     Mar 31, 2012
  5. amatulic

amatulic

Hi DadsSon, I'm enjoying reading your progress. Keep it up. You've received some good advice and some bad advice. I also like the way you handled the guy who sent the inappropriate links.
    You are doing well, and you clearly have a great mentor.

Whether you realize it or not, you are learning something that many folks spend their entire adult lives trying to learn. Some pay a year's adult salary to get the kind of training you're getting. The things a good trading mentor can teach you are priceless. Especially when you are still young and haven't gotten your brain into a rut from decades of thinking a certain way.

You say you don't want to do this for a living. That's fine. Learn this as best you can. Many people don't realize that the point of having money isn't to buy stuff, it's to give you more options in your life. You are learning one way to earn money. This knowledge will give you more options later in life, so you can choose, for example, whether you want to slog through rush-hour traffic every day to work in a job for someone else, or to make a living on your own terms -- and you are learning one way to do that.

Trading is a difficult way to make a living for most people. 95% of those who try fail. If you're good at it, then you have a gift. You're getting good at it because you aren't just focusing on mechanics of a method, but also you're looking at price action which is based on the mass effect of human fears.

If trading bores you, remember a couple things. (1) Boring is good in this business. Excitement is dangerous. (2) Wait until you try a faster time frame and watch your stress level go up.

-A

#25     Mar 31, 2012
  6. The tendency for op's to avoid any explanation about their strategies leads me to believe they have no strategy, and any time I try to probe them for this information there is usually no response given. Dad's Son has a discretionary technique that must be automated before we could cease to dismiss his results as luck. Until there's acumen, results and consistency, I'm usually dubious of any new threads where the op avoids this topic.

There was mild discussion about those methods, so until he discusses his backtests and we see the walk forward results it will continue to be a thread about a teenager making discretionary trading decisions taught a method by an indicator that I know how to use way better than what Dadsson has described.

#26     Mar 31, 2012
  7. DadsSon

DadsSon

Yesterday was fun, my team won in soccer, my "Dad" showed up and he took both teams out for Pizza Hut.

Thank you athlonmank8, bwolinsky, etile, kinggyppo, and amatulic for your posts and advise.

Mr. bwolinsky,

My "Dad" said not to read other Journals or even any other trading books, he doesn't want me to get ideas on how others trade, he said most people who trade lose and they have limited ideas or closed thoughts on how markets actually move. He said few other journals mention in detail about strategies, let alone put up any charts. "Dad" has traded over 30 years in trading, he has an office, programmers, traders and office people running around. He told me he made this method just for me in ten minutes with eight rules and TSI for now just alerts me of possible reverse as entire method is price action based. I trade his account and for now it is sometimes fun, but boring too. I go to high school till later afternoon, have extra activities after school, plus church duties some days. Two hours of homework and chores around the house. I am the oldest of five, so I take care of my brothers and sisters when Mom works extra job evenings. I don't have time to learn programming.

I have reread your prior posts and there is no mention YOU asking me for any explanation, so you a Liar.

But what I will do for you, it is obvious to me you need help from my Pastor, if you like I can have him contact you. My Mom says people who scream the loudest usually do cause they are frustrated at life, I am sorry if your life is not going well for you. I will pray for you to do better at being a better person.

I am making this journal for me and not to teach anyone. If you want, I can ask if "Dad" can teach you too one day, but I thinking he has a waiting list.

#27     Apr 1, 2012
  8. etile

etile

oh btw, I think OP is a troll. Either that, or by far one of the weirdest teens I have ever had the odd experience of reading his/her thoughts. And this is coming from a once pretty dorky kid.

#28     Apr 1, 2012
  9. It's pretty hilarious to me that someone who has made as many public systems as I have needs to see a pastor or your "dad" about my trading.

It isn't that hard to backtest, but if you've never had programming courses definitely take them. When you've done a couple of those try learning to program in easylanguage then see if the rules you've been given really do produce a significant edge. You won't know the answer until you've done that.

#29     Apr 1, 2012
  10. My thoughts exactly...me being a teenager myself, its definitely odd how the OP writes, but hey whatever if he/shes real, kudos because he/shes doing well (disciplined).

The only thing I do not understand is, DadsSon if your "Dad" does not want you picking up any other trading ideas, why are you on this forum? I think it's counter productive to say to least...especially since a majority of the people on this forum can be quite condescending. I understand why journaling can be good, but you don't need to on a public forum (usually people use them for criticsm, but I'm assuming you don't want that.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I offended you DadsSon by jumping to conclusions, but make sure your enjoying your childhood! You got to have a balanced life, and make sure your family and friends are a big part of it (I can see you have a great fondness of your mother).

#30     Apr 1, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.