Da Bears!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Oct 2, 2006.

1. gotta hand it to you Bears fans...You look strong...my only concern would be a grossman slump at the wrong time....but over all you've earned the right to crow!!!!

#51     Nov 13, 2006
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

very good loooking squad...my boy Grossman ( a fellow GATOR ) may just be for real....has a tough time when under extreme pressure though...as in JASON TAYLOR...

and me dolphins as usual keep them at bay ( thats where the 1 came from ;o) )...I was there in 1985 when my dolphins stopped Mcmahon and company from going undefeated...wow how ironic that was ( since they themselves are the only undefeated team ever )..sitting in the end zone surrounded by bears fans...eating my pan con bistec with my homeboy ...Man that was a classic a true classic in the orange bowl...since then the dolphins havent been the same...perhaps it was a curse moving out of the OB....

#52     Nov 13, 2006
  3. ElCubano

ElCubano

not in football :D

#53     Nov 13, 2006
  4. Actually I never hated the Bears as a team, just their no life fans who have to jam the success of the home town team down your throat every twenty years. Oh yeh. one more thing Urrrrrlacher is the most overrated player in the NFL. Sit and watch just him sometime he doesn't do anything.

I can't wait to see um do the SuperBowl Stumble this year.

#54     Nov 13, 2006
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Next....

#55     Nov 19, 2006
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Uh oh, the Colts lose. :eek:

Looks like the Bears are now tied with the Colts with the best record in the NFL. I honestly don't see who in the AFC is going to beat the Bears. The Colts have been barely getting by every week and finally their weaknesses are exposed. The Chargers have a rookie quarterback. The Broncos have "Snake". Nuff said there. The Pats have struggled to consistently run the ball well. Who else is left? I mean seriously, someone make a case here.

#56     Nov 19, 2006
  7. Blinded by fan loyalty I see, seek help.

Uhhh, you also didn't see where the Cubs...errr Bears would lose a game in the regular season.

Go on Mav, bet it all on the Bears to win the Super Bowl right now...I dare you...

#57     Nov 19, 2006
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Zzz, I would really appreciate it if you had something instructive to say. I am honestly asking you, who do you think is going to beat them or better yet, who do you think is the team to beat in the AFC. Enough with the Ad hominem attacks, this is a football discussion. If you have something of value to add, then please do, otherwise let someone else who knows more about sports then you, speak up. I really thought you would have replied with something with a little more substance. I guess my expectations of you were a little high.

#58     Nov 19, 2006
  9. Come on Mav, in your wildest dreams did you think the Miami Bears and Joeyboy Harrington were going to come in and beat your Bears?

Last year toward the end of November, did the Steelers look like they were going to win the Championship?

McNab went down today, it can happen to anyone.

Teams can get hot. Much to early to make predictions beyond home field advantage.

It all depends on who is playing well. Lots of teams have potential, including Carolina, Dallas, yes, even the Seahawks in the NFC.

In the AFC, you have a bunch of teams that could get hot and make a run.

Your hopes come down to Grossout in a Superbowl?

LOL...

Did the team with the best record during the regular season in the NFL win the last few SuperBowls?

I sure hope Lovie isn't as foolish as you appear to be....

#59     Nov 19, 2006
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

LOL, more ad hominem. It's always about me isn't it? LOL.

Zzz, your statement about anything can happen and it all depends on who gets hot, is a candy apple response. Of course it depends on who gets hot and of course anyone can win it. LOL. Jeez, thanks for that deep insight.

No, I did not think they would lose to Miami, I figured their first loss would come on this 3 game road trip. I was actually most concerned about the Giants. Well, they beat the Giants and lost to Miami, same difference.

So rather then defaulting to the "let's see who stays healthy, who gets hot, and anything can happen" responses, who do you think today, has the best chance. Injuries and streaks aside, who has the best chance right now to beat them. Stop hedging your bets so much, can't you freaking commit to any side of an issue?

#60     Nov 19, 2006