D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ogarbitrage, Oct 23, 2013.

1. D.C. businessman faces two years in jail for unregistered ammunition, brass casing

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

And so it begins...

3. LEAPup

LEAPup

Holy Jesus!!!!!! I just threw papers all over my office!!:mad: :mad: WHERE ARE THE PATRIOTS to take this police state called America back to common sense???:( :( This is East German 1939 kinda shit! TOTALLY illegal, and FUCKING IMMORAL!!!!!!!!!!:mad:This man is a victim of terrorism!!!! The legal terrorism called liberalism, and pure lunacy!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

4. Lucrum

Lucrum

[​IMG]

5. piezoe

piezoe

If the story is correct he won't be convicted of anything. The real issue is liability of whoever was responsible for the warrant. He needs to be made whole. This business of police wrecking places and not being held accountable must stop. There is likely more to this then we are being told.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

theoretically anyway.
    And who exactly on your political team is working on that, or even complaining for that matter?
    Yeah he probably tweeted something derogatory about our dear leader.

7. I don't know how you can make a statement like that.

My understanding is the D.C. gun laws make it illegal to possess unregistered ammo and empty shell casings are specifically defined as ammo. Tourists with shell casing jewelery have actually been arrested and prosecuted.

The law appears to me to have a significant constitutional problem, over and above the Secocnd Amendment issues. Under the 14th Amendment's due process clause, courts have invalidated laws on the ground that they were basically irrational. Calling a harmless object, ie a shell casing, "ammo" is clearly irrational. They might as well have said a length of pipe is a gun. After all, it could be fashioned into a handgun.

I do agree about the damage to the guy's house. The cops, FBI, etc frequently go way over the line in this type of situation and should be held accountable.

8. jem

jem

if he hires a former prosecutor who used to work at that office and was liked... (and if this case had no gotten publicity) he would have had a good shot... at a hand shake deal of no prosecution in exchange for not agitating for repairs.

part of the reason cops make notes of little crap is for leverage.

But, being that this case got publicity... its out of my knowledge range.

Why they targeted this guy for a search would be something worth knowing.

note... CA for seems like disneyland compared to d.c. and that gun law.

you have apply to get a permit for a shotgun .. but I can go to the sporting goods store down the street and buy as much ammo as I want.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

The Obongo regime's penchant for illegal persecution of political dissidents might be a good place to start looking.

10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Here's something that will get your attention. Senator jay Rockefeller D, WV was found to have a loaded with 30 round mag AR-15 in his DC townhouse several years ago, even though those rifles are illegal there for anyone but law enforcement. Was he prosecuted? Lol! Wasn't even a blip on the radar. He's a RICH democrap senator, and that's so above the law, the mafia would be jealous. Unreal a guy with a brass casing, a holster, and some pieces of lead (NOT ammunition under ANY law), would suffer like this!:mad:

#10     Oct 23, 2013