Cyprus deal 40% haircut

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by mastacoli71, Mar 24, 2013.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

In Cyprus banking sector was 7.5 times the GDP, in Luxembourg banking sector is 23 times the GDP.

#62     Mar 25, 2013
  2. like my mother always told me

7 come 11

you can and should bet on it

#63     Mar 25, 2013
  3. hftvol

hftvol

yes its scary but the insured deposits under 100k are safe (for fear of a total disintegration of public trust in the financial system, and that is the precise reason they altered the whole deal). You can't get your money out for several days/weeks but so what. Same happened on Wall Street same happened in every banking crisis.

#64     Mar 25, 2013
  4. hftvol

hftvol

Its not a joke, its just that you do not understand a fractional reserve banking system. It works great and has always worked great until a complete breakdown of trust occurs. Even then no money is lost, its just that not every tard who runs to the bank will get their full deposit on the same day. Simple as that. I use the word tard because those are stupid people. If they were smart enough they had been pulling out funds weeks/months before. If they were a little smarter they knew that standing in line of a bank that is shut down will not get you anything.

What really gets me are all those naysayers who can only complain, they don't want communism, they do not want completely unregulated free markets, they do not want the current system. Heck, they do not really know themselves what they want. (not addressing you directly, Mtrader).

#65     Mar 25, 2013
  5. Just think only a week ago, accounts over 100K were safe as well. Today they are not apparently.

If fractional reserve worked so well, what happened in 2008 when liquidity disappeared? Why did the FED and governments react and why is there unemployment? Didn't they know that "even then no money is lost"? Was it just a case of bigger company tards? Apparently the smarter the people are the easier to predict the future, using that reasoning you must be one of the richest people on earth. You apparently knew all this would happen long enough ahead to withdraw all your money.

The ones in front of the bank are the ordinary people that need food, water, gasoline etc. and don't have wads of cash stored at home. They had total trust in money. Never thought about it being a derivative. They can't live off physical money itself. Having no money and no bread doesn't get you anything either. May as well stand in line.

The breakdown of trust came from the system breaking down, not the other way around. How can the system break down if it is so great? Do we need more tard laws?

#66     Mar 25, 2013
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Which country in Europe is next?
    How much longer will the euro exist?

#67     Mar 25, 2013
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Don't confuse him with facts. Even uninsured depositors get their money back in full, so long as they "wait in line a few days". That's how fractional reserve banking "works", after all....

#68     Mar 25, 2013
  8. clacy

clacy

1. Don't know but there are several nice options

2. 5 years? Probably much less, but don't underestimate their ability to kick the can down the road.

#69     Mar 25, 2013
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah...I just see this bubble bursting in the not so distant future.

#70     Mar 25, 2013