Cygrouponline

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by spamula, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Do they trade futures or just stocks? I've had a hard time finding a prop firm that trades futures. Thanks.

#11     Dec 21, 2008
  2. spamula

spamula

Not sure if I agree with TM direct I'm paying 60$ for Nyse, Nasdaq fees.

0.005 with 100% payout, not bad.

What other fees are you talking about TM?

#12     Dec 21, 2008
  3. jnorty

jnorty

what about genesis's bullshit trade activity fee's? when you're throwing down 10-20 mil shares a month that adds 5-10k a month of bullshit fees and increases your per share charges .0004 per share.

#13     Dec 21, 2008
  4. A friend of mine was trading also with them
    he says he pay,s
    60$ for Nyse, Nasdaq fees.

0.005 with 100% payout,
    What do you mean by desk fees ( if you are trading remote ) ( bagel Fees - ? There is no software fees - ? WTF is Floor Fees, s
    Asl long as they pay you your cheque in time that is great also.

#14     Dec 21, 2008
  5. 5$ per 1000 shares ???

#15     Dec 22, 2008
  6. narballs

narballs

just joined them, switched from vcm

good chat room

good support

by far the easiest withdrawals

tiered rates automatically adjusted based off volume (although i find this hard to believe it does happen)

good support for newbs too, i referred a friend that i just didnt want to teach because he asked way too many questions, apparently they are treating him very well

#16     Jan 17, 2009
  7. Hi,
    I am thinking about joining Cygroup. Are they honest? Can you trust what they say? Can you make money with a 50% slipt and thier fees?

Thanks
    Mike

#17     Feb 17, 2010
  8. bigpapi

bigpapi

Questions-

1- There agreement says that the intial $5k deposit is in fact a "training fee" that is "completely at the discretion of the CeO to return". Has any body gotten there deposit back, in time?

I would like to know the answer tho this too. I have not asked for my deposit back but I feel uneasy about the CEO being the one who makes the call on MY deposit.

You know what I'll do if they don't refund my cash, I'll buy stocks and short with another broker at the same time. Free money transfer!

2- Are they good about issuing the profit checks on time?

Yes.

3- What are there commissions, charges, etc?

Negotiable, .0025 to .0065

4- Can one setup an automatic day total dollar loss for risk management purposes? (E.g. if I lose $500 in a day there software will lock all trading and clear all my positions automatically for the day)

Oh, you don't have to ask for that, it's automatic, believe me they're not doing you any favors.

5- Do you recommend them?

For newbies it is the best deal in town without lockup of your cash. Laser completely and utterly sucks, so you MUST get another charting software. Laser has quick executions though and is programable with excel. No wonder it's free. Did I mention Laser sucks?

Did you sign up? How did it go? Did you find someone better?

#18     Feb 17, 2010
  9. I traded with these Guys a couple of years ago. From my point of view they are legit. Never had any problems. Their Chat room is a good resource for trades.

#19     Feb 17, 2010
  10. world

world

can someone really tell me all the fees charged by cy plz?

also is that 5000 training mandatory? I mean i m experienced and can i start directly?

#20     Feb 22, 2010