Cycle 25: No Global Warming - Mini Ice Age Is Next

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 29, 2012.

1. How about just reading the info and looking at the fucking charts. That's what I want. You guys do know how to do that right? I'm starting to wonder. It is you pinheads that refuse to face the facts.

Show proof that this chart and NASA and virtually every scientist in the field agree is wrong. One bogus article from the UK doesn't cut it. If this was such amazing new info it would be all over the news. But it's not. It's a cleverly written fluff piece for the deniers.

No an idiot is someone who blindly follows his ideology, can't admit being wrong and can't read a fucking chart.

#11     Jan 30, 2012
  2. Don't let em get you pissed.

It will throw you off balance.

My question, as somone who has looked at the data, is the amount of data points available. It would be like testing your latest hand written indicator on last years data alone.

We just have not been here long enuf.

What say thee?

#12     Jan 30, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

I think there are two groups in the AGW adventurists camp.

1.) There are those like Al Gore. They are in it for the money with some also holding a disdain for America. (Al Gore hates America for not making him President and wants us to pay). Pseudoscience and government payoffs (grants, etc.) are their tools to accomplish their goal.

2.) Others are just ignorant environmentalists who will fight for any cause that gets the "green" label or has been hyped as destruction of the planet if not fought. The science doesn't matter to these folks either because surely we are emitting "toxins" into the atmosphere. They are eager to point out the pseudo science of group #1 to defend their position.

Most of the AGW decriers we find here on ET are in group #2.

#13     Jan 30, 2012
  4. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Excellent.

Still, on Point #2 I would ask, "what do they want?". Do they want us to tithe via Cap&Trade?

Futurecurrents said he wanted me to read the articles he posts and look at the charts. I have done that and disagree with them.

Am I not allowed to disagree?

Religions are well-known for killing those who disagree. Scientists don't react like that, they go back and try to do better science that is more convincing.

Man has been around in more-or-less our current form for about 100,000 years. I would expect to see a chart that shows a trend over millions of years suddenly and abruptly jump into some new slope about 100,000 years ago. There isn't any data that shows such a change-of-trend so I'm not convinced.

I'm an engineer, sometimes a financial engineer and sometimes an electrical engineer. I have a sign on the wall behind my desk that says "In God We Trust, All Others Bring Data".

#14     Jan 30, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

I think most of them are just on a quest. A quest to reform mankind from polluting and otherwise doing things that in their little minds is destroying the planet.

They were brainwashed in school and were unable to deprogram themselves over the years or are to young to have begun the deprogramming transition to logical, independent thinking.

In essence, they are just battling what they see as the evil in man on behalf of Planet Earth. It is troubling how naive they are.

#15     Jan 30, 2012
  6. Now there are some that say the GOD in that sentence means Gold, Oil, Drugs....and there is enuf data to give that assertion some credibility.

Otherwise, good post. And 377, I went the ignore route. P&R is so much more fun if you let everybody in!:D

#16     Jan 30, 2012
  7. Occupy has been around for 40 years or more, you may know them as "flower children"

#17     Jan 30, 2012
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hmm, self-loathing.

That does kind of circle back to liberalism doesn't it?

Futurecurrents waves those charts and figures around with a kind of fanatical "here is the proof!" way that makes me uncomfortable.

One time another AGW monk was waving a chart around that was comprised of data collected from sensors I calibrated for JPL that were onboard the TOPEX/Poseidon satellite. Even when I pointed that out the guy insisted that I didn't understand the data. That kind of denial just smacks of religion.

Futurecurrents and other AGW monks and abotts all seem to lack the capacity for empirical thought.

I keep asking "what do they want" when I secretly think I know what they want. They want us to be as disturbed and upset as they are. They want us to be as unhappy and discontented as they are. That is why they cannot answer the question.

#18     Jan 30, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

Correct. Misery love company. So does their stupidity.

You would have thought they would have stopped when they won the catalytic converter installation on all cars. But no. They want a potato stuck on the end of the tailpipe, too. :D

#19     Jan 30, 2012
  10. 377 and pspr, a quick question, are you any of the following; a Biblical literalist, an evolution denier, an intelligent design believer, a creationist?

#20     Jan 30, 2012