Cycle 25: No Global Warming - Mini Ice Age Is Next

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Ricter

Ricter

I hear you re Seattle. I used to live in Juneau. My first summer there the sun came out just three times in 90 days. Even the natives were going nuts.

#101     Feb 2, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"WEST PALM BEACH — Florida's first python hunting season ends Saturday with no reptiles being reported captured and killed, wildlife officials said Friday.

The season opened March 8 for anyone with a hunting license who paid a $26 permit fee to hunt down the nonnative reptiles on state-managed lands around the Everglades in South Florida.

In addition to Burmese pythons, hunters also were allowed to kill Indian and African rock pythons, and green anacondas and Nile monitor lizards.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission says the state's unseasonably cold winter weather is believed to have killed up to 50 percent of the pythons.

"It hammered them," said Scott Hardin, exotic species coordinator.

Hardin said nine out of 10 pythons that scientists had been tracking with radio collars in Everglades National Park apparently died from the weather..."

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2010/apr/16/florida-python-hunting-season-comes-end/

#102     Feb 6, 2012
  3. pspr

pspr

Nice find. Although, "cold" to someone from Miami neans it dipped out of the 90's. :D

#103     Feb 6, 2012
  4. "The IPCC and other scientific groups, such as the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, have reconfirmed over the past decade that greenhouse gas emissions from burning fossil fuels, and deforestation, have led to a 1.4-degree rise in average global-surface-temperatures worldwide in the past century. That rise, the IPCC says, is likely to increase, with at least 2-in-3 odds that climate extremes have already worsened because of man-made greenhouse gases."

WASHINGTON (AP) — A record 10 weather disasters in the U.S. have each caused at least $1 billion in damage:
    — Hurricane Irene, Aug. 20-29. Damages and deaths are still being tallied, but estimates are running more than $7 billion and close to 50 deaths from Vermont to North Carolina.
    — Upper Midwest flooding, much of the summer. The Missouri and Souris Rivers overflowed in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Damages: $2 billion.
    — Mississippi River flooding, spring and summer. Damages neared $4 billion as the river flooded from Tennessee south, and spillways were opened to flood rural areas to save cities along the river.
    — Drought and heat wave continues in Texas, Oklahoma and neighboring states. Damage has passed the $5 billion mark.
    — Tornadoes hit the Midwest and Southeast on May 22-27. The toll: 177 dead, more than $7 billion in losses. One tornado killed more than 140 people in Joplin, Mo., making it the deadliest single twister since records were started in 1950.
    — Tornadoes in the Ohio Valley, Southeast and Midwest on April. 25-30, devastating the city of Tuscaloosa, Ala. Toll: 32 deaths and more than $9 billion in damages.
    — Tornadoes hit from Oklahoma to Pennsylvania on April 14-16. Toll: $2 billion in damage and 38 deaths, mostly in North Carolina.
    — Outbreak of 59 tornadoes in Midwest and Northeast April 8-11. Damages: $2.2 billion. No deaths.
    — Outbreak of 46 tornadoes in Central and Southern states April 4-5. Toll: Nine deaths and $2.3 billion in damages.
    — Blizzard stretching from late January until after Groundhog Day, Feb. 2, paralyzed cities from Chicago to the Northeast. Toll: 36 deaths and more than $2 billion in damages.

#104     Feb 6, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

I was researching the possibility of a python hunt in the everglades when I ran across it.

#105     Feb 7, 2012