Cybertrader Pro connectivity issues

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by sasha1, Sep 29, 2001.

1. kensmith

kensmith

Sasha

<i>Also, what are your general comments on Cyber? Would you recommend anyone else. I am having trouble finding others with comparable software and commission structure (I tend to rely on 2 minute window to execute about 2,000-3,000 shares on average). I know people have recommended IB, but their set-up is really basic, so whatever you pick up in commissions, you lose in your ability to interpret what is going on in the market.</i>

IB doesn’t have level II, it has what they call market depth. I usually trade directly off level II by either picking off the prices I want or by putting my bid/ask in using mainly ISLD. Sometimes SuperSoes. I never use the smart order routing method for Nasdaq stocks.

Cyber is very fast, providing you know how to use it. The quickest I’ve opened and closed a position is 6 seconds for $100+.

My general comments on Cyber are that I think their software and backup is brilliant. It does take a few months to learn how to use it properly. There are evening classes with cyber joe and if you don’t understand something their tec department will talk you through. There is one thing I cannot fathom out how to interrupt, that’s the 5D chart. One day I might understand how to use it.

I think IB is good for starting off with small amounts, its about $2k to open an account as opposed to $10k with cyber. IB charges 1cent a share with minimum of $1, so it’s cheap enough. One trader who uses IB told me that you don’t get a margin call, they just close the position.

Mbtrading is another broker that is popular with traders.

I can’t explain the loss of connections you were having. An additional backup ADSL may cure the problem.
    You do get glitches with Internet connections, its just part of what happens and I accept it.

Ken

#21     Sep 30, 2001
  2. Yep. Telocity. I've already done some groundwork calling Telocity and Cyber last week. If you do the same, tell them you know of another user with exactly the same problem. There's a bad router somewhere.

#22     Sep 30, 2001
  3. Hmmm, not sure this is accurate. Cybertrader Pro is not buggy at all. (A few silly things, nothing major). I run it on W95 and W2000 without incident. If it's failing for you its almost certainly a bandwidth/connection issue, or a problem with your setup.

#23     Sep 30, 2001
  4. sasha1

sasha1

I will speak to Telocity on Monday. They opened a ticket for this issue. I just realized that the packet loss was happening in telocity's network, the ip address indicated telocity (tlct.net) as the host. Not Cyber's problem. Thanks everyone for your imput.

#24     Sep 30, 2001
  5. MrX

MrX

limbo,

I was just interested in their charting and system testing ability, I think if you can combine the cyber platform and superior charting and system testing you would definetly have a winner. After looking at tradestations web site I was intrigued so I might open up a test account and see if I like it. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with them.

:D

#25     Sep 30, 2001
  6. limbo

limbo

Great Mr.X--I look forward to your results.

#26     Sep 30, 2001