Cyberpower PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Warranties are just overpriced put options...havn't you figured that out yet?

#41     Mar 12, 2007
  2. bighog

bighog Guest

Did not read all the pages. BUT, if you said you have XP in a box now and thinking of switching to another machine. GOOD LUCK. Do not be surprised if microsoft says NO DICE.

#42     Mar 12, 2007
  3. GTS

GTS

I get it - you don't know anything about computers - its all magical and mysterious to you.

Keep letting your "local guy" build top quality machines with all those pesky bottlenecks eliminated for you if that's what makes you feel better about your inability to understand what's really going on. But don't be a dick about it with your idiotic frat boy and old lady crack; I mean its one thing to be defensive about your ignorance but you don't need to wallow in it.

You are a sample size of one, don't assume the rest of the world matches your (very) limited experience.

#43     Mar 12, 2007
  4. Sorry...didn't mean to offend you, are you the little old lady...frat boy, or weekend warrior, wannabe trader?

I realize that reading is not your strong point, I said I have many...count them...many dells....and have challenges with all of them except my Laptop!

#44     Mar 12, 2007

5. Ok let me be patient and explain it to you one more time:

local guy = PC for $700 with a 30 day warrantee. Anything breaks after you pay for it.

Dell = PC for the same $700 with 1 year warrantee. You have 1 year of worry free computing from a company that supplies a largepart of the business world and consequently has a reputation and know how to build a decent stable long running PC.

Cyberpowerpc = PC for $700 with 3 year warrantee and life time support. Less known than Dell but still sells a ton of PC over the net. Many of them gaming PC whose costumers are demanding and knowledgeable. You have a PC that will work for at least 3 years, after, that if it breaks get another one which will be 5 times as fast and powerful.

I hope this explained my point a bit better.

#45     Mar 12, 2007
  6. I imagine I have bought 30 computers in the last 7 years....I have never had a warranty issue...I have software issues....like system freezing that fixes itself with a restart, an occasional virus....and alot of spyware....last I checked....none of these were covered under warranties.

Warranties are something that makes you feel good...but in the end, an overpriced put option...and believe me....someone is paying for them, just because you can't figure out the premium, doesn't mean it isn't there.

Well...enough bickering for this evening...and perhaps this thread....I'm moving on! Good Night Now!

#46     Mar 12, 2007
  7. As stated and implied throughout the thread, a decent computer,
    especially at this price, regardless of intended use, is a COMMODITY.

Get over it.

#47     Mar 13, 2007
  8. bighog

bighog Guest

DELL is yesterdays way to purchase computer. Their business model worked great for a couple years during the rage to buy that "FIRST" pc. Time and competition has caught up to DELL to where they are simply a commodity business with old business model. Now DELL has no edge so they suffered from cutting back service, ship boxes with inferior parts to clean out the warehouse. Buy parts that are not upgradeable, etc , etc, etc. .............Many receive a box that is just not was ordered. DELL must think after a fool buys one from they are hooked. HA

wanna good box for the money and get performance you want, put it together yourself. warranty plans.....nah, just get in the family ride down to COMP_USA and replace it yourself. capable of doing that, if not ask your daughter to do it for you... :p

#48     Mar 13, 2007
  9. GTS

GTS

Exactly. There is nothing special about the computers that you get from a local computer shop. The fact that Mschey thinks his motherboard, memory, processor and hard drive are "better" then what you get with someone like Dell is laughable consider how few manufacturers there are for those parts. Perhaps his local computer guy puts a "Turbo" sticker on the case so it seems like it runs faster to him.

So you've had problems with every Dell you bought (except one) and yet you kept buying them again and again?!? Maybe the real challenges lie between the keyboard and the chair.

Huh, earlier you blamed system freezes on bad Dell hardware, now you are saying you have never had a hardware problem (ever) and that system freezes are software issues. Can't keep your story straight?

Get parts from Crap USA? You gotta be kidding me - please, they are one of the worst places to buy stuff from. Talk about overpriced, nothing like paying $30 for a "gold" usb or ethernet cable, LOL. Maybe you didnt get them memo that they are closing a bunch of their stores too - and for good reason.

#49     Mar 13, 2007
  10. bighog

bighog Guest

gts

Are you still convinced there were WMD"S in Iraq? You refuse to be open minded and just insist in being combative...........you not just do this ....fuck off .

#50     Mar 13, 2007