Cyberpower PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Quotes from saxon22:

The system comes with 3 year warrantee.

I don't care if it comes with a 30 year warranty. Lost data is still lost.

If he needs this for regular trading and is secure enough in his method/edge/execution, then ANY of the offerings from Cyberpower will do.

Oh, I forgot. You won the Daytona 500 with a Kia last year. That's why you're so optimistic.

However, if he does not know what the hell he is doing tradingwise, he will overcompensate his rig by making it into a monster.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, Sigmund.

Do you really need $5000 pc to trade?

Man, you got ripped off. Either that or you're overcompensating for something.

Well if you do a search and analyze what the seasonal traders that consistently make over $500 a day, work on, you will see that a 5k pc is not on the menu.

If it ain't broke don't fix it eh?

Moreover, if he is successful, why would he want to waste time putting it himself.

Or play golf, or have sex, or eat, or for that matter do anything but trade.

Imagine Lescor who today make 14K trying to put together his own PC. Yes he would save $500 maybe even 1K but by not trading he would be -14K for today. You tell me which is the better approach. you can always get something gor a better price but is it worth your time???????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, when a vendor gives you 3 years that signifies, he is confident that his product will survive at least 3 years. If that was not the case, the company would be out of business by now. putting substandard components knowing they will not survive the initial 3 years and will have to be replaced is economical suicide in the long run. As for data lost, invest in a portable hard drive and you will be able to save all the data in the world.
    Like I said before, you DO NOT need the latest and greatest to trade. PM some of the guys who make money at this game and you will notice many still use P4s and make more $$$$ than most people who have so far posted on this thread. Your PC has very little to do with your ability to take money from the market. Again ask those who trade.
    Like I said before, not everybody has the time, desire or the inclination to spend hours figuring out how to put a PC together. What is next? Should I learn how to build a car a house a DVD player? I much rather partake in the activities you have listed than waste my life putting together a new PC to save $$$$$. So to put it in a perspective, I prefer to go see a play, watch a good movie or have a splendid dinner with my colleagues than spend hours on the net ordering parts , waiting for the UPS guy to deliver them, trying to put the whole thing together and then hope it would work. Life is too short to waste it on things that other can perform more efficiently.

#31     Mar 6, 2007
  2. I have bought at least a dozen dells, and 6 custom made machines, made locally, with high quality parts, and never have a problem running my systems on my custom machines...but the dells freeze. Dells are crap, they can't handle the load, and are made for frat boys and little old ladies....serious traders require serious tools....thats what me thinks! :)

#32     Mar 7, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

I've had several Dells... running 8-10 hours a day or more, for 8 years. I've never had any computer fail... not one.... nada. (OK, I had a CDR fail once but was replace promptly under warranty.)

You say, "most of my Dells fail left and right... can't hardly keep one running..."

One of us is full of it!

#33     Mar 7, 2007
  4. Ok...I submit your full of it! My problem rate with dells is near 50%, and my machines are never shut down, maybe my dells are unionized...and need their coffe and doughnut break at least once a day, and usually more then that.

On the other hand, my custom machines are scabs....no unions...no breaks...no problems or complaints....just work hard and help me bring home that paycheck. I have both AMD and Intel, windows XP pro, and 2000, and never a problem with either. Since they run the same programs, I have to assume that the problem is Dell. It's the only difference between the two.

#34     Mar 7, 2007
  5. GTS

GTS

I have to side with gnome on this. This is all anecdotal but I use Dell's at home and work: laptops, desktop and servers and my experience has been excellent. Everything runs rock solid (and my machines run 24/7 as well)

I don't doubt your experience mschey but I think if you look at industry surveys you will find that Dell's are actually very reliable machines, your bad luck notwithstanding.

#35     Mar 7, 2007
  6. Compare apples to apples here....your industry survey doesn't compare the local guy that builds a great machine vs dell. You want quality, go with a local guy...you want price...and you get what you pay for, go with cheap crap from Dell. Dell is cheap crap....and I should know........i have a bunch and deal with their tantrums every day!

Enough of this nonsense...ya'll have yours, I have mine....let the readers decide and choose for themselves.

Good night now!

#36     Mar 7, 2007
  7. GTS

GTS

Exactly what do you think that "local guy" uses in his PC's to make them so special?

Is he manufacturing his own processors? his own memory chips? his own motherboards? his own hard drives?

PC's are commodity items and Dell uses quality components, period.

#37     Mar 7, 2007
  8. From my experience, the local guy will almost always use less than optimum parts unless the person who is buying the rig knows what he wants and specifically tells him to put certain components. That means you will get a cheap fan, a 5400 HD, cheap dvd player etc etc. Another thing, you will get a 30 day warrantee, maybe 90 days as opposed to a year for Dell or 3 years for cyberpowerpc machines. At least that was my experience.

#38     Mar 12, 2007

9. From what I understand, dell has most of their stuff custom made for them. They are generally underpowered, they go the cheap route on the MOBO, the memory is cheap, video cards, etc.

My local guy uses nothing but the best components, trying to eliminate bottle necks wherever possible.

Here's where it counts....as I've said before, I'll say it again, my other machines perform superior to My Dells in a heads up competition. All other things being equal, OS, software, etc, my dells freeze, to the point I have to restart the machine, my custom machines never have this problem... am I just imagining the fact that I had to restart my Dell machine two times today because the system completely froze, and none of my others did? Believe what you want, but this is my experience....and it occurs over and over again.

Dells are a great computer for Frat boys, Little old ladies, and you weekend warrior trader types...but for serious traders......serious traders only use the best. Speaking of the best, my new Rig should be here tomorrow!

#39     Mar 12, 2007
  10. Shopping for computers is very similar to trading and investing, you need to be informed...take the time to know what you are really buying and you'll save yourself headaches down the road.

#40     Mar 12, 2007