Cyberpower PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Mar 4, 2007.

1. I just sold a HP xw9300 workstation (Dual Opteron 3.0's, 2gb, 2x73gig scsi, dual DVI) for $900 on ebay. I'm sure you could buy something comparable to that or cheaper pretty easily. It even had 1 yr factory warranty left on it.

#21     Mar 6, 2007
  2. omniscient

omniscient Guest

actually, you can upgrade the video card on a C521 and get a dualhead machine for about $400. i think that is w/out a monitor, so you can add $200 if you want a 19".

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&oc=DDCWCA1&s=dhs

#22     Mar 6, 2007
  3. I give up. If you're not getting the point then you're taking it out of context. Maybe start by reading the TS initial post. Or did Dell just start selling QX6700 procs for half price?

You cannot buy a complete new system from Dell that will run two monitors for $729. Period. Got it now?

Never mind that some think that you also get a 20" monitor for that price.

Heywood Jablomi, out.

#23     Mar 6, 2007
  4. omniscient

omniscient Guest

since it was here that you decided to take a tangent from the OP, this is what gnome addressed, and he is right. you can get a dualhead machine from dell for $729 or less. period. got it? context wasn't the issue. accuracy was. your statement was false. gnome's statement was true. no big deal. unless it is, then, well, whatever.

#24     Mar 6, 2007

5. Let me assure you that all PC's are not created equal. I have several dell's, and they are my least favorite. They freeze up, under load, they are underpowered, and unstable. I like their prices, but hate their reliability. Not for serious traders. My suggestion....don't skimp on your trading computers if you plan on doing this for more then just a hobby.

#25     Mar 6, 2007
  6. Ok daddy, post the link.

#26     Mar 6, 2007
  7. I agree wholeheartedly!

#27     Mar 6, 2007
  8. Ok, truce. I went through Dell's website and the absolute cheapest way to build a system according to gnome's specs is $759.

That's close enough to $729 for me to concede I was wrong.

Another reason to hate Dell...

I can't save the specs on this cheap system for this post.

#28     Mar 6, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Couldn't disagree more. I've got a few Dells running every day... and have had since 2000... and I NEVER experience what you describe. (Maybe your problems are software related?)

I'm not stumping for Dell, but those who complain about their hardware are "protesting too much", me thinks.

#29     Mar 6, 2007
  10. gnome

gnome

I suppose someone could buy components separately and put one together for $100 or so less than a Dell, but unless you're into the experience of building a rig, it's too much hassle.

#30     Mar 6, 2007