Cyberpower PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bandit77, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Thanks Saxon, good points.

I'm planning on getting the quad core QX6700 since I already have a dual core. I am getting to the point where my software is bogging down, so want to get a quad core to help with the multitasking. I plan on getting the no OS option since I have 2 copies of XP already, don't need another. I'll probably hold off on Vista due to the teething problems. Already have a 30" dell :D.

#11     Mar 5, 2007
  2. I'm guessing you're configuring your own system, the X-Discovery case with the 420w PS is garbage. When you lose your mb because of the PS you'll understand why. MSI is not the best mb manufacturer, go with any of the ASUS boards. Cyberpower's video card upgrades are way overpriced. So is the processor upgrade for that matter. You should only be paying up another $787 for the QX6700. Oh well, we all gotta make money...

Build it yourself and get twice the machine and an understanding of how things work. Then maybe when it needs fixing you won't be so quick to pay someone like me $500 to make it work again.

#12     Mar 5, 2007

3. The system comes with 3 year warrantee. If the power supply goes and or it fries the motherboard, the company will replace it. If he needs this for regular trading and is secure enough in his method/edge/execution, then ANY of the offerings from Cyberpower will do. However, if he does not know what the hell he is doing tradingwise, he will overcompensate his rig by making it into a monster. Do you really need $5000 pc to trade? Well if you do a search and analyze what the seasonal traders that consistently make over $500 a day, work on, you will see that a 5k pc is not on the menu. Moreover, if he is successful, why would he want to waste time putting it himself. Imagine Lescor who today make 14K trying to put together his own PC. Yes he would save $500 maybe even 1K but by not trading he would be -14K for today. You tell me which is the better approach. you can always get something gor a better pice but is it worth your time???????

#13     Mar 5, 2007
  4. just21

just21

Impressed with the 20 power supply options at cyberpower. If you want to know which powersupply is the quietest take a look at www.silentpcreview.com I am getting a fanless system so I can have a bit of peace and quiet.

#14     Mar 5, 2007
  5. Hey, no skin off my nose. You're a big boy. If you don't care to educate yourself about your options when it comes to PCs, then you have that prerogative. The TS asked about Cyberpower and reliability issues, I gave my opinion. Unless you work for Cyberpower and took offense at the point I made of their products being overpriced, I don't see why you should care.

#15     Mar 6, 2007
  6. I got one of their computers a few years back. It had problems (motherboard), which they eventually fixed but it took 3 weeks, and I kid you not the first replacement motherboard they sent not only didn't work, but it was USED as well and literally came with a tag attached to it stating that it did not work. AYFKM!!!

I literally took a picture of it and emailed it back to them.

Anyway eventually it worked fine and has ever sense but if i had it to do over again I'd probably just pay up and get a dell or HP.

Depends on what your spending though. Cyberpower saved me about 550 on my old box.....compared to dell at the time i configured it, obviously at some point the cost savings outweighs some possible reliability issues.

#16     Mar 6, 2007
  7. gnome

gnome

Dell has fully featured machines with monitor for $729 or so. How does Cyber save you $500?

#17     Mar 6, 2007
  8. Define "fully featured".

You cannot hook up more than one monitor to a machine costing $729...or so.

From Dell anyway.

#18     Mar 6, 2007
  9. gnome

gnome

Sure you can. They come standard with dualhead cards. As for "fully featured", all the basics... Modern processor, onboard sound, CDRW or DVD RW, 1G RAM, 20" LCD monitor...

#19     Mar 6, 2007
  10. For "$729 or so..." you get on board graphics. No "dualhead" video card whatsoever. If you don't believe me go here. Dual monitor capable systems start at $1049.

#20     Mar 6, 2007