Cy Group, Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vingbel, Jan 31, 2009.

1. john33

john33

can anyone comment on the safeguards hun83 mentions? 1,000 shares maximum per stock seems extremely low, especially if you were dealing with a low price stock.

#41     Dec 4, 2009
  2. r4r

r4r

#42     Dec 4, 2009
  3. when i started i was set at 500 or maybe 1000 shares for the first couple days. afterward i emailed and set my own parameters. i set it to 4000 shares per position. Probably just a parameter for the first few days while you learn the software.

#43     Dec 4, 2009
  4. bpcnabe

bpcnabe

Being that Cy is now one of those "training first" firms, do they dump you if you lose a certain amt ala Velez? Or are you given more leaway to make bad trades? If you know what I mean.

#44     Dec 4, 2009
  5. Judgement

Judgement

The website lists 70-90% payout:

http://www.cygrouponline.com/cygroup-programs.html

Also, it sounds like the $5K/$10K/$15K you pay is is a fee rather than a deposit so if you break even you lose that. Is that correct?

I was looking for a firm that works like a normal brokerage (deposit funds, pay fees and commission, trade until you've lost your deposit, 100% payout, no training, no license required) but allowed day trading with less than $25K. From the posts in this thread it sounded like Cy was exactly what I wanted but the site seems to indicate otherwise.

Does Cy work like a normal brokerage or is it the case that you have to pay for training and don't get 100% payout?

#45     Dec 17, 2009
  6. cstfx

cstfx

For less than 25k, you got Echo only 10k (need a series 7), assortment of Assent firms (also need a 7 - you can get a listing of offices from their website) and the CBSX registered firms (no 7 but you have to submit a U4 and stand up to its scrutiny) 2 reputable firms are JC and Avatar, amongst others.

If you are looking for non-licensed firms, then you are mostly SOL as they have gone the 'education" route as a means to get your non-refundable deposit.

#46     Dec 17, 2009
  7. Judgement

Judgement

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll have a read about those firms. If a license is necessary then it's not really a major issue and I was just trying to save myself some time.

#47     Dec 17, 2009
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Then go the CBSX firm route. Takes about 2 weeks to process the U4. Do it now and you should be ready to go after the New Year.

#48     Dec 17, 2009
  9. I do know they have seminars with are 5k and 10k accordingly which during the seminars they allow you to trade live capital. But as for trading with them as a individual trader without seminars, I dont think you pay 5k and never see it, that I know is not true. I know for new guys they payout 98%. I would just give them a call or email them, they are pretty good with communication.

#49     Dec 20, 2009
  10. Judgement

Judgement

Thanks for the information. I'll send them an email in the New Year and see what the situation is.

#50     Dec 20, 2009