Cy Group, Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by vingbel, Jan 31, 2009.

1. been w/ them 3 yrs. no problems. only better firm is bright trading because they've been out longer but way too expensive for my needs.

#11     Mar 5, 2009
  2. I traded with them last year. Both Steve and Sung are very professional and I never encountered a bad attitude. Their business operation also seems sound and very organized.
    I recommend Cy Group. As for new traders blowing-up this is
    certainily not their problem. Cy Group gives you the tools for success and they allow every trader to make their on trading decisions-within reasonable risk parameters. Lets face it. Trading is a very challangeing business. Anyone thinking of entering the lions den should papertrade for at least one year to get a winning system before funding an account. Most emminetly successful traders blew their accounts up before developing a winning approach. Its all part of the educational process.
    As for Cy Group, they are one of the few honest prop firms out
    there. Just my opinion.

#12     Mar 5, 2009
  3. promagma

promagma

+1

#13     Mar 5, 2009
  4. Anyone have any recent experience trying to register with them? I've sent in the application and they said they didn't receive a few of the pages so I asked them to send me or tell me the pages specific. The guy claimed he was going to e-mail them to me for a few days now and nothing. I called today and they told me it would get e-mailed over and nothin. He did give me a demo instruction the other week so I don't know what's going on.

#14     Mar 9, 2009
  5. well i'm not sure when you last contacted the but .. we did just have the weekend. i doubt they're open on weekends.

i was in their chatroom today and had no probles talking to the admins..

#15     Mar 9, 2009

6. Well I been waiting since early last week for the "missing" paperwork to be e-mailed to me or at least told me what pages were missing. The person I spoke with last week and today was named Chuck.

#16     Mar 9, 2009
  7. If you're really serious... wouldn't you just email the entire completed application back instead of waiting a week for a few specific pages?

#17     Mar 9, 2009
  8. To answer your question, they told me I was missing page 14 15 and a page 7 of 7. I faxed that over last week and ask them the next day which was Thursday if they received it they said no which makes no sense cause I faxed it to the same number. So they tell me they will just e-mail me the pages(the whole paperwork is over 30 pages) to make sure I have the right ones. Well as stated before, I'm still waiting. I wouldn't waste my time posting this if I wasn't serious. I'm not gonna waste 30 dollars to fax the whole thing again if they just are playing games.

#18     Mar 9, 2009
  9. I just started with CY Group, this month, so far so good, am very very impressed with speed of platform, and their attitude, if u have a problem, just call them up.

I had no probs getting my account started, just call them, speak to Chuck or Sang or Steve, I won't goover the top saying how great they are, they're just a prop firm.

If you're still mulling over little details, then maybe this isn't for you, but if you're a dedicated trader then I say go for it.

Only thing I have to say ids Laser is completely different from what I was used to, has taken a while to fully figure out all the potential, and to be honest I still am!!

Their attitude is second to none, and if you have ever dealt with any lesser prop people, then this will really make that difference.

#19     Mar 9, 2009
  10. i hate faxing. seriously, technology is outdated by 20 yrs. thank god for EFAX

#20     Mar 9, 2009