Cutting losses is for losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jese J is back.

#51     Jun 21, 2003
  2. I will admit it that I am generally a winner and a loser most every trading day. The initial statement that set everyones pants on fire I view this way. When price is moving against me and I have lost money I am a loser. "Cutting Losses is for Losers" Cutting losses is for me. I realize that this was probably not the Authors original intention. But with my spin I think its good advice.

#52     Jun 21, 2003
  3. taumeson

taumeson

First of all, I think MrMarket's page (and first post) is excedingly humorous.
    --------------
    "I AM MR MARKET! I AM HUGE! BRING ME YOUR FINEST MEATS AND CHEESES!!!"
    -------------
    Hahaha too funny. Now if he really means that to be totally serious, or just half serious is another question...
    I bet he's just being half-serious... obviously he has to think hes doing pretty damn good, and added the extra flare to be funny.

BUT, I think he's doing pretty well which is really what matters right?

Its kinda weird, but honestly these Forums remind me of the early 90's BBS's filled with 12-18 year olds throwing hissy fits over how big other people claim their dicks are...

relax people, and also, dont always accuse people of advertising (even though I do think that at least 1/4 the time they are)

#53     Jun 21, 2003
  4. You may want to assess how you judge stuff.

a warm up drill for you would be to pick out all the common mistakes mr market makes by listing them and commenting to yourself on what you learned. Use chaptr 20 of How to Make Money in Stocks by Wm. J O'Neil. There are 18 there.

Some people think Mr market is putting us on; he isn't as you will see.

When he finds out the time value of money he will have a lot of egg on his face. someone here assessed his performance and it is about 8% a year. Most equities traders do about that much in a week.

A lot of the other posts her can be reviewed with respect to their quality in the same manner. You need to move along and get with it.

#54     Jun 21, 2003
  5. Mecro

Mecro

You are not even a good investor so what are you talking about. You have many losing positions that will never become winners.

I respect great investors like Peter Lynch and Warren Buffett, but you are a joke. Anyone can pick stocks and hold all the losers. I think you need to read some quality material on proper investing.

#55     Jun 21, 2003
  6. zangari3

zangari3

I am a trader...My goal is just to make a little money on everytrade....If I buy a stock and it goes up a little bit, I sell it...If the stock goes against me, I just hold it eventually it has got to come back...Hope this helps

M

#56     Jun 21, 2003
  7. taumeson

taumeson

Okay, you have some good points.. criticizing "$$$MRMARKET$$$" based on his results is a **VERY GOOD** thing.. I guess I'm throwing my little hissy fit over people who go off on him doing all the boasting.. I guess what I'm trying to say is, i just wish people would try not to take their criticism above and beyond the objective... take for instance your last sentence:
    What does that really mean? well it seems like you are trying to say "You should figure out that MrMarket isnt doing too well and not defend him".... BUT, instead you added a little personal attack, which if I took your reply to heart before reading that, would probably turn me off of anything you said.

Yeah I know I'm whining, I just thought I'd mention it. Dont worry, I wont bitch about this type of crud anymore, as I doubt my crying is going to change anyone's etiquette ;)

And btw, I am not agreeing with anything MRMARKET said.. I'm just saying people shouldnt be so bitchy when some guy says his penis is 8 feet long.

#57     Jun 21, 2003
  8. arthus

arthus

MR MARKET?????

#58     Jun 22, 2003
  9. :eek:

trend

#59     Jun 22, 2003
  10. #60     Jun 22, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.