Cutting losses is for losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I almost always exit completely.

#41     Jun 21, 2003
  2. First, DGabriel makes a good point (as much as I hate to admit that) "Mr. Market is proof that a bull move will give a monkey with some longs the delusion that he has conquered the markets."

Now I will show why. Mr market recommends COH @ 51, he says it's going to 59. Well mr market, I bet I understand things alittle better than you. I say it goes to 45 before it goes to 57 (both are 6 points away). So it's a bet.

If I am right and COH goes to 45 first, you come to this board and admit your mistake, for a change. Then you truthfully explain about how you hold onto all your losing positions, and never discuss those on this board in depth. You talk about how they would halt any so called winning streak you love to brag about. If you have an education, you understand this, and will do this.

AAA, you think this is funny? Not really, the fact that they let this stay here, but ran off Johnny Rotten, shows someone is missing a good sense of humor. There's a huge class difference.

And this guy, who's pretending to be a Wharton grad called Ernie, is not close to JR's league.

#42     Jun 21, 2003
  3. You may be right about COH's direction, or you may be wrong, but I'll still hold it until it hits 59 unless something changes in its fundamentals or that of its industry environment. So if COH goes to 45, I don't see how I made a mistake since as long as it gets to 59 in less than a year, I've made a pretty good investment. As I've shown for everyone to see, I still hold a position in AXL which is down about 28% yet I still feel this is a great company and I like my investment at this time.

So I really have no clue about what you are talking about. Why are you so envious of my Wharton MBA to keep insisting that I do not have one? I'm sure your education has served you well and I am very happy for you.

I have no idea who Johnny Rotten is but he is welcome to join the other 622 people in my Yahoo Group if he is as good an investor as you say.

#43     Jun 21, 2003
  4. Babak

Babak

I'm sure you're a nice guy. But apparently Wharton forgot to teach you to read. This is elitetrader.com not eliteinvestor.com

As well, I wouldn't want to burst the bubble of a delusional egomaniac, but "earnings, earnings, earnings" is hogwash. First, never mind that earnings are in the eye of the beholder.

But, I can show you list after list of securities that tanked after posting quarter after quarter of leaping earnings. I can also show you list after list of securities that rallied in the face of crushing earnings or actual losses. Its called multiple compression/expansion, primary trend and sentiment/psychology.

Now you can proceed to brush away my post without understanding it. Brush away...

#44     Jun 21, 2003
  5. mrmarket says "So I really have no clue about what you are talking about. Why are you so envious of my Wharton MBA to keep insisting that I do not have one?"

I'm envious of anyone with a Wharton MBA, but you don't have one:mad:

Keep insisting? This is my 2nd post. Are you paranoid?:confused: :confused:

Folks, he'll let COH goto 45, then 40, then 30, and he'll never sell, and he just told you so. Then he pretends it's not a losing trade.:eek:

#45     Jun 21, 2003

6. You're right. I am wrong. I guess I don't belong here. Good bye.

#46     Jun 21, 2003
  7. saying "good bye" as well?

Come on, who really believes mrmarket is leaving?

I'd be willing to stake it all that he'll be back, probably in a few hours.

Once a liar, always a liar.

#47     Jun 21, 2003
  8. DHOHHI

DHOHHI

Yep, those "investors" have prospered a LOT over the past 3 years! LOL

As far as the superior intelligence you alluded to above ... if the "investor" was in fact, so intelligent, then he/she would have seen the market careening out of control to the upside in late 1999 and early 2000 and taken profits. A truly intelligent person would trade AND invest.

#48     Jun 21, 2003
  9. lindq

lindq

If you truly expect to have credibility with any intelligent group of people, your web site sure isn't helping. If it is for real, you're a SERIOUS head case. If it isn't, then I congratulate you for a great parody.

http://members.aol.com/ebarsamian

#49     Jun 21, 2003
  10. mixer

mixer

Mr MRKT,

I agree with your strategy it's the best I've ever learned about it enabled me to get long:
    ENE
    wcom
    CSCO
    mstr
    the globe.com
    etc

Now im still holding, cuz they are good companies. I know with the system you've devsed my retirement is right around the corner.

THX

#50     Jun 21, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.