Cutting losses is for losers

Discussion in 'Trading' started by mrmarket, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You should have cut that bloat on your ego, before it got out of control and took over your entire personality.

#11     Jun 20, 2003
  2. Keep it up guys...you are amusing me. I am pleased.

#12     Jun 20, 2003
  3. 50_luma

50_luma

Mrmarket, I used to find you a bit entertaining, but you last statement about "idiot daytraders cutting their losses" really upset me. I do cut my losses as fast as possible, trying not to let the position go against me even a tick. You can call me an idiot, but I've been trading for 3 years now without a single losing month, having periods as long as 2-3 months without a single down day.

I personally don't care about your style of trading, but I find it extremely disrespectful for you to come to daytrading community and call its members idiots.

#13     Jun 20, 2003
  4. slow down speedy....when I posted "idiot daytraders" I was using the word "idiot" as a noun, not as an adjective. As a result, the phrase connotes "an idiot who happens to be a daytrader" rather than a description of all daytraders...

comprende?

#14     Jun 20, 2003
  5. 50_luma

50_luma

shnorhakalutyun

#15     Jun 20, 2003
  6. Like everyone else, investor will make mistake and have to cut loss. It's good that you have not made mistake so far. But even Warren Buffett made mistake. If I were you I would be more careful. I know a guy made money for two years and lost all in one mistake. Good luck!

#16     Jun 20, 2003
  7. Harry123

Harry123

How many of you here are going to fall for Mr. Markets "false arrogance". Let me explain what I mean....ERNIE BARSAMIAN (aka Mr. Market) is a Wharton MBA Graduate. Don't believe for one moment that his true personality is anything close to this arrogant, brash, persona he tries to portray on this and many other message boards over the internet. What ERNIE BARSAMIAN (Mr. Market) is using is a technique of marketing that he most definitely has learned about via one of the required marketing classes of his Wharton M.B.A. program. That marketing method is a time-tested and proven technique of playing the ANTAGONIST. He is the villain, the guy you love to hate. That you want to fail, that you wish would see himself the way you see him and admit his own faults and apologize for his behavior. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...BECAUSE HE IS NOT LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE!

Why does he use these techniques, very simple answer:
    It promotes high thread count and awareness of his site and methods. Now the next question might be what is his ulterior motive, does he even have one? Answer: Who really cares whatever it is its not important.

Lastly concerning, his stock picking methods. They are sound and they have been marketed to many for decades. Most notably by Willaim O' Neil when he coined phrased the CANSLIM method. It is logical that over the long run earnings will drive up the price of stocks, that is the long term underlying reason why stocks increase. I applaud him for having the dilligence to go comb through the Investors Business Daily (or whatever paper he uses) from A-Z and look for the next stock in which the "E" is increasing at a faster rate than the "P" in the equation PE. Not many would take the time to do this and it is a method that works. I myself trade for a living, although many years ago I also used the same treasure hunting techniques ERNIE BARSAMIAN (Mr. Market) is using currently. It does work bottom line.

In summary, this will be my first and only post to this thread no matter how ERNIE BARSAMIAN (Mr. Market) decides, if at all, to respond to this. I'm sure it will be much of the same, either way good luck to ERNIE BARSAMIAN (Mr. Market).

P.S. I'm sure ERNIE BARSAMIAN (Mr. Market) will ultimately repsond that he is sharing ideas etc etc and people are coming to see him....because a smart antagonist never lets down his marketing guard!

#17     Jun 20, 2003
  8. Cutting losses are for losers but a smart way to be a loser...

#18     Jun 20, 2003
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

#19     Jun 20, 2003

10. Thanks for your insightful analysis of my psychological profile. Ummmm.....isn't this forum about sharing investor ideas? That's what I've been doing, apparantly quite successfully given the number of people who have decided to tune into my threads.

Now then...I've re-read your post several times. What exactly is your point??

#20     Jun 20, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.