cut student loans - increase war spending

Discussion in 'Economics' started by niceneasy, Feb 5, 2007.

1. go george!!! almost there... have almost entirely destroyed america - this should cement your victory. lets see if we can get that popularity # into single digits.

2. go dubia!

3. Why don't you send these genocidal corporate criminals to jail? These religious extemists?

Cut education, keep people stupid. Good job.
    Asia will eat us for dinner with their booming economy and education system.

All the new middle class in china - guess what they don't buy F or GM cars at all.
    US President George W. Bush today asked Congress to approve a total of $US725 billion ($936 billion) in military spending while cutting nearly $US80 billion from health and education programs.

4. it's actually a very intelligent plan...

cut back on education--> makes folks dumber...

increase minimun wage--> brings up unemployment for those who are just too dumb to be worth the extra buck an hour... which is more people every day thanks to the good ole education cutbacks...

what do you get? More people who'll find a job only in the army... is a lot easier to sell than the draft.

5. Check out the latest in the public school system - Student’s Recording of Teacher’s Views Leads to a Ban on Taping :

"After a public school teacher was recorded telling students they belonged in hell if they did not accept Jesus as their savior, the school board has banned taping in class without an instructor’s permission, and has added training for teachers on the legal requirements for separating church and state.

.....the teacher in his American history class, David Paszkiewicz, told students that evolution and the Big Bang were not scientific, that dinosaurs were aboard Noah’s ark and that only Christians had a place in heaven. "

---------

Theres a lot more to this story including the teacher pointing to a muslim student and declaring that she was going to hell. I can only imagine what goes on in the science department. Welcome to the 21st century.

6. so, this has to do with student loans and military spending because:____ ?

7. The Party of Christ tried to do this last year and we had the same thread. I just find it amusing to see one of the christian whackjobs "sharing" his "points of view" with his students. I expected the "less education/more war funding" theme to come from lesser compassionate types like the Iranians/Taliban/Commies not from Americans.

I am curious as to how many kids sign up for the military on the basis toward earning money for college as opposed to wanting to bring freedom and democracy in each of the 4 corners of the world. Could cutting education funding prohibit kids from getting the funds needed for college and thus entice them toward serving in the military to get those funds? Generalissimo Bush has said he wants to grow the military in size but by doing it by cutting education funding? If so, what a sick country.

8. Makes sense. Let's see if they pull it off.

9. Going into debt is a great education in how to avoid debt.

I doubt that student loans are required in order to learn things.

Some of my friends learned computers and telephone communication systems in the military.

10. Learning in the military has a few disadvantages, the main one being there is a big chance that you get sent into Iraq, Afghanistan or where ever it is that hell is breaking loose... Once you're there you might end up dead, wounded, or plain crazy...

The current attitude of the US government reminds me a lot of the policies taken by the Roman Empire in it's downfall... they would spend much needed resources into holding an image of military supremacy... after a few years [something like 300, but quiet fast considering how long these guys where in charge] that image became so hollow that it became no more than a paper poster...

#10     Feb 7, 2007