Cut everyone's pay 10% to create new jobs?....won't work.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by southbeach4me, Aug 16, 2010.

1. pspr

pspr

That's just stupid. Just another comentator without a clue about history.

2. I just have to ask...
    Who's left in the working and middle class that hasn't already taken a minimum 10% pay and benefit cut between early 2008 and mid 2010???? Re: my 21% cut already received: is that all I should expect or do I need to expect 10% more in this guy's plan? :eek: What about the unemployed that took a 100% cut, how does that average in?

So sad it's funny. I can't believe that was published on MarketWatch!! :D

3. Throw out the 12 million illegal aliens, and there is a start on more employment and less drain on social services.

Take away citizenship of the children of illegal aliens, and there is some more.

Hire 300,000 people to ensure they stay on the other side of the border

Cut unemployment insurance collection back to 6 months, where it was before.

Stop the government's massive borrowing and creating debt at the local, county, state and federal level

Heavily tax chinese imports or any other country that doesn't buy back at least 70% in american goods/services, since we seem mainly to be a chinese job-creating machine.

Any other ideas?

4. pspr

pspr

Are you going to retire from coaching and run for President, Joe? :D

5. Couldn't have said it better myself...2 thumbs up !!

6. Oooh, you're not making any Commie-Left friends with that kind of thinking..

7. I agree with you. I've seen lots of those. And a lot of employees had no choice but to take the job again at half of their original salary.

I just wish that they would do the same to the high ranking executives as well.

8. Now I don’t know about you but a 10% pay cut right now would really hurt. How would reducing pay generate demand, thus allowing small businesses to hire again?

#10     Aug 18, 2010