Cut Corporate Tax Rates......not without something in return

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hayman, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Cut corporate taxes completely. They only bring in $200 billion a year in taxes. I bet we would see a huge boost in economic activity, far more than the $700 billion recovery act

#11     Sep 5, 2011
  2. hayman

hayman

Listen, great theory, but practically won't work. I mean, communism is a great theoretical doctrine, and we all know how that has worked.

Again, my point is that you must put some conditions on the lowering of the corporate tax rates, otherwise it's purely an academic exercise, with the "hope" that companies use this tax break to do some hiring. I say force the issue ... We'll lower your taxes, but we had some employment guarantees as collateral . What's wrong with that approach ?

#12     Sep 5, 2011
  3. I agree with the first part. The second part nah..

The problem was not because of lowering taxes. It was because of the lending it was pushing on consumers (bad loans). If you need me to go more into detail, I will.

Why do you think the government bailed out the banks? Because the government knew it pushed lending. Fannie Freddie.. HUD (housing for everyone haha).

50% mortgage debt ratios.. Now the government is paying for the modification of these loans. Lol.

By the way.. this isn't a political forum.. So, check your political biases at the door.

Economics.

#13     Sep 5, 2011
  4. I suggest that you learn some economics before embarrassing yourself further on this board.

#14     Sep 5, 2011
  5. hayman

hayman

What ?? What on earth are you talking about ? I have a doctorate in economics. I am offering a suggestion (apolitical) that I have yet to see offered up by anyone. Most agree that job creation is an important revenue creator. Let's provide REAL incentives to achieve that objective, and to help deter the bleeding of American jobs outside our borders.

#15     Sep 5, 2011
  6. Sure you have a doctorate in economics, and nobody ever lies on Elite. All my friends with PhD's in economics say that they have doctorates....Not! When asked, they say that they have PhD's, not doctorates... Sometimes the semantics will give you away.

#16     Sep 5, 2011
  7. Here's a good start for you to learn economics where your doctorate left off. Here's a pdf copy of Hazlitt's excellent "Economics in One Lesson." This should help you.
    http://www.fee.org/pdf/books/Economics_in_one_lesson.pdf

#17     Sep 5, 2011
  8. Furthermore Hayman, you're full of bullshit as I looked up your bio and here's what you said.

Started Day Trading in 2002 after a lengthy IT career.
    Location Long Island, NY
    Interests Trading, sports, sports coaching, computing
    Occupation Emini Day Trader/Real Estate Agent

Never heard of a PhD in Econ being a real estate agent and also having a lengthy IT career. As Shakespeare so eloquently put it, "There's something rotten in the state of Denmark."

#18     Sep 5, 2011
  9. #19     Sep 5, 2011
  10. I would like to see an instance where a government jobs bill actually reduced unemployment.

#20     Sep 5, 2011