customizable intra day charts...can't locate online for reference (i.e. printing)

Discussion in 'Forex' started by twoplus2is1, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Looking for intra day charts that shows back as many days as I may need; and not necessarily a time frame directly previous to the current day. Something that is customizable to specified days. For instance, yahoo provides 1day, 5day, 3months, 1year, 3year, 5years on each of their charts, which limits me if I want intra day charts going back a couple of weeks on any given currency pair. What I require is to specify days and be able to print the intra day activity on those specific days (for example; say I wanted to print out 10 intra day charts from Sept 5 - Sept 14 in consecutive order; i.e. a ten day span of intraday activity(ten being an example). Also, I don't want just the open/close of the day as yahoo now provides this on their beta charts link where you can specify days past (but without it showing intra day activity)....need to look at all of the intra day activity on any given day going back more than 5 days which yahoo's old charts have always provided.
    Does anyone know where/how I can obtain this kind of customizable chart on the web? Need it to be printable too.
    Thanks!

here is what yahoo provides for their intraday...1 or 5 current/previous intra days only...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency/convert?from=USD&to=EUR&amt=1&t=5d

2. Charting software has limits to how much data it stores, also how much data is available from the data server where quotes originate. If you're starting from 'now' and think at a future date you want data from xx/xx/xx, then you need to store the data — in MetaTrader 4 for instance use SaveAs to export an ascii file. In order to print that past data via MT4, you'd have to create a file of just that data, import/copy into MT4 then Print. Alternately have a second charting program.
    MT4 renewable demo via Alpari and see their 'Data Bank': http://www.alpari-idc.com/

3. As mentioned in previous post, not looking for software to download...just some quick link to go to, such as yahoo as I described.
    For instance, within the new yahoo charts (beta right now), I can go back and specify I want to see around september 5- septemer 14 only, but yet it only shows closing points; I'm looking for all of the intraday activity but can't seem to find it. Not sure if your reply is what I'm looking for as you refer to downloading software, but correct me if I understood your reply or not.
    Right now, I can go to yahoo's old charts and click on the 5 day option where it shows all the last five days activity, not just closing...doesn't this exist somewhere else where I can go back a few weeks, etc, and only show a specified period. If yahoo's new flash charts could show the intra day, I'd need look no further; but they don't past the previous five days.
    I need to have a link as a quick reference and not go through anything laborious.