Customer support - GENESIS

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by janko, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Casey30

Casey30

I may be able to do some thing for you. If you are interested please pm me.

#11     Oct 25, 2006
  2. janko

janko

well stop double executed on me yesterday, good thing i caught it. this is unbelievable ! i jsut dont get it, really. a platinum certified platform which has such HUGE bug in it. how can you even rely on something like this. GEEEEEZZ. and Serge is no help at this point. trust me, many calls many emails, only response - Dont use the stops for now - ok well 6 months later, still dont use the stops??? you got to be kidding me Genesis.

#12     Oct 26, 2006
  3. VMTrader

VMTrader

Yes - Genesis customer service is the absolute worst it's been for a very long time and I've been with them for more than a year. Maybe all the remote traders at Genesis need to get organized and speak with a collective voice - but even that prolly won't amount to much:mad:

#13     Nov 12, 2006
  4. VMTrader

VMTrader

But you can't use stops anyway - the functionality has been disabled no??

#14     Nov 12, 2006
  5. Yes. Stops are now totally disabled in the new versions.

Our only hope is that Genesis's 2.5 month development estimate for server-side stops isn't smoke up our a s s e s.

#15     Nov 12, 2006
  6. l12

l12

I still use the old version with stops enabled and so far they are working for me, I just started with Genesis/Laser though.

#16     Nov 14, 2006
  7. janko

janko

Hey guys, does anyone know what the time schedule is for Genesis to get the server based stops up and running? if its been 2.5 months, i hope that its not a 2 year project for them. I honestly dont get how they cannot fix this issue so quickly. i mean stops are for some, the most important factor in their daytrading, and since genesis' core business is daytrading, then i dont get it - its like a car manufacturer selling cars without wheels, sorry but for some reason we can get the wheels to be round, but you can sit in the car :)

#17     Nov 14, 2006
  8. VMTrader

VMTrader

Serge is officially gone from Genesis as of mid-November or so. Information from source who went down to NY. Anyone know how I can get the older versions of Laser that have stops still enabled? Just want to use the straight stop not trailing ones. Thx

#18     Dec 15, 2006

9. Hopefully his replacement is a little better communicator. It's sad that Genesis customers have been kept in the dark about these software issues.

The 2.5 month estimate for server-side stops puts us around mid-January for the rollout. Let's see if Genesis can pull them off, or if this is just another disappointment.

If any Genesis reps are watching, an update on the server-side stops would be much appreciated....

#19     Dec 15, 2006
  10. janko

janko

Stops are now working and they are server based.
    You have to update Laser from their site.
    The stops are working. you have to go to level II adv. mouse style (select it from the trading menu) and then the stops are available once you select STOP in the window for routing and then you can place the stop.
    the stops are server based but only for a day, not GTC. they are still working on that as far as i know. and the trailing stops are now disabled i think.
    Try to contact Alex Krevats at Genesis, much better communication with him.

good luck.

#20     Dec 15, 2006