custom scanning software

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by cashmoney69, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Does anyone know of a company that will program a custom scanning tool based off a set of rules that other mainstream tools wouldn't have?

thanks.

I currently use trade-ideas,but they dont help me in this regard.

2. .................................................................................

Same issues TI and Madscan....

The analysis function of Amibroker can be useful....

It would be nice to have a TI type solution whereby one could put in their own parameters....

3. i think the problem then would be on their side, running all the algos in real time.

4. I am not sure I understand, but what about TradeStation or Mutli Charts? If you can program, or pay someone, in EL, you can scan for it?

5. ................................................................................

Exactly.....as would the proper computer hardware capabilities to scan all instruments....

Hopefully the day will come whereby one can enter their own parameters and queries.....without having to do actual programming....
    ..............................................................................

Surely there will be some brave entrepreneur who will include this service in a remote prop arrangement as another reason to win business....

Maybe....

6. edbar

edbar

CoolTrade (http://www.cool-trade.com) offers a non-programming Strategy Wizard along with the fully robotic trader. No programming required for either.

7. i use tos, and i dont want to open another account somewhere.

The software companies here in b'ham alabama don't seem to know shit about any custom stock scanning software or how to make one.

hell how would i run it anyway?..how would i get connection to the exchanges?

is this just going to be one giant, pain in the ass mission for me?

sure seems like it, and even if i do find such a company, they're going to charge me 1000's of dollars, I just know.

8. well i just got off the phone with the Sr software developer, and he said it'd take 10k JUST to get in the door for a consultation!.

ummmmm, NEVER mind.

9. Well, yeah, what'd expect, free stuff?

I've got all kinds of customized things here. I've talked to Madscan & tradeideas about customizing their programs & neither one was very receptive to the idea.

What you're looking for will be somewhere in the $500-$3000 range depending on which datafeed you have/want & what exactly you want it to do.

You've got to be very specific/precise in what you need in order for a programmer to do it. You need to do some of the leg work too.

You might also need to subscribe to a quality datafeed with api depending on what functionality you need.

No problem to do it though!

10. Doesn't make any sense. Somebody's just giving you the brush-off.

Like I said, YOU need to know what exactly it is you need/want.

#10     Aug 28, 2009