Custom PC Builder Recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by InTheZone, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a system builder who can acquire the parts and build a custom PC as per my detailed specifications?

Thanks.

-- ITZ

2. but a friend of mine ( non trader type)

just had a made to order system done for him

he is quite happy so far with the service and price

http://www.pugetsystems.com/

:)

3. gnome

gnome

Can't you find a local shop to build it? That way, easier to work out any problems...
    If not, I've bought 3 computers from these guys over the years and would recommend them wholeheartedly...

www.computercottage.com

4. I am a fan of Monarch Computer Systems...They have some of the better computer parts and reasonable prices...You have a wide selection and can also have them custom build a workstation or server with Xeon Processors, RDRAM, etc..They also have the Matrox Parhelia video cards...Overall, a first rate place to get a custom built pc with high end components

www.monarchcomputer.com

5. find a local shop within convenient driving distance that has a service agreement built into the purchase price. They won't always be the cheapest but they know you can walk back into the store and yell at them.

6. Thanks guys for your input on the custom PC shops.

7. TGregg

TGregg

Just so you know, assembling a computer is pretty simple. If you've very swapped out video cards, memory and/or hard disks, you are halfway there. And if you do a lot of research, you can build an awesome machine for a good price. Check out some hardware sites like Anandtech and Sharkyextreme - lots of folks will help you out.

And Pricewatch has all the latest cheapest prices listed.

On the other hand, you are the one man-tech support team for your homegrown box. :D