Cushing predicting another crash in oil prices?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Error Correction Funder, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Do you ever get long or become bullish on any symbol?

Xela likes this.
  2. Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  3. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

It does not. I just find it funny that every post is bearish. Whatever works for you.

4. We're in the wake of mania.

At the depths on panic, you'll see me do the opposite.

5. Maverick74

Maverick74

So you are short oil?

6. I wish. The IV is horrible.

I'd like to be long USD too, but unfortunately again the choices for leverage vehicles are terrible.

One could say I'm short oil by proxy by being levered to risk off, but I have no direct or indirect exposure.

7. Maverick74

Maverick74

What makes you think being short oil is risk off? Late credit cycle trades are bullish commodities. It's rising input prices that drives economies into a recession. Oil is going a lot higher as is the entire commodity complex. And there are plenty of products to trade including the entire curve where you could express your views. I have no idea what's holding you back.

.sigma likes this.
  8. Compare oil to the 2010, 2011, and 2015 & 2016 crashes.

9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, we were drowning in supply. The curves were in super contango. Tankers were actually going bankrupt because they were dry docked. Look at the curves now. Steepest backwardation we've have had since 2008. Storage around the world is very tight. Locational spreads are blowing out trying to move product out of Midland into the Gulf. We are not even remotely close to the market we had 3 or 4 years ago.

#10     Apr 10, 2018
    nbbo and temnik like this.