Curtis Faith's new book

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by runningman, Apr 4, 2009.

1. KeLo

KeLo

Thanks for the clarification Millionaire.

#11     Apr 4, 2009
  2. Yep, that'll do it! :p
    Here's the TOC so you guys can make a more informed decision. FTR, I'm leaning towards buying it, particuarly with the info coming to light that it was the failure outside of trading the has led to Curtis' difficulties, not those inside of it.

Table of Contents

PART I: Introducing the Masters of Risk
    INTRODUCTION
    Learning from the Risk Masters
    Applying The Lessons of the Risk Masters
    How the Masters of Risk Tame Their Savage Minds

PART II: Learning from the Masters
    Moving Beyond Fear
    Prudent Risks and Stupid Risks
    Failure is the Best Teacher
    Doing the Right Thing
    Risk Surfing

PART II: Applying the Lessons from the Masters
    Fearless Investing: Stocks and Mutual Fund
    Robust Real-estate Strategies Part III: Lessons for Life
    Lessons for Life CHAPTER 12: Living the Life You Want
    The Hardest Risk to Take
    Mastering Our Savage Minds

#12     Apr 5, 2009
  3. From the Jacket

Take control of risk . . . before it takes control of you. Don''t like uncertainty? Doubt makes you nervous? Most people are averse to it, but risk is unavoidable to the serious investor. In this groundbreaking book, Curtis Faith helps you not only form a truce with risk, but actually make it your ally. One of Chicago''s famed Turtle traders, Faith credits his group''s unprecedented trading success with its mastery over the psychology of risk. In Inside the Mind of the Turtles, he explains how to …+ read more
    Take control of risk . . . before it takes control of you

Don''t like uncertainty? Doubt makes you nervous? Most people are averse to it, but risk is unavoidable to the serious investor. In this groundbreaking book, Curtis Faith helps you not only form a truce with risk, but actually make it your ally.

One of Chicago''s famed Turtle traders, Faith credits his group''s unprecedented trading success with its mastery over the psychology of risk. In Inside the Mind of the Turtles, he explains how to view risk as an asset-and invest accordingly. Covering his own techniques, plus those of other traders, speculators, hedge-fund billionaires, and venture capitalists, Faith teaches you the seven rules for mastering risk:
    • Concentrate on decisions, not outcomes
    • Overcome fear
    • Remain flexible
    • Take reasoned risks
    • Actively seek reality
    • Focus on market realities
    • Respond quickly to change
    • Focus on market realities
    Only those who can control their fear of risk will move forward in the investing world. This has never been truer than it is in today''s topsy-turvy global economy. Read Inside the Mind of the Turtles and never again hide inside your shell in the face of risk.

#13     Apr 5, 2009
  4. I used a gift certificate (from my job, no less) to place some orders on Amazon ... and this book was one of them.

I'll check back in with an unbiased review when I've completed the book.

#14     Apr 6, 2009
  5. I've been reading the book, it focuses mainly on the psychology of trading, managing risk, dealing with fear and having a flexibile mindset.

IMHO the price of the book is cheap, my last ES stop out cost me $100 bucks and, due to the information that I gleaned from the book, I was able to focus, wait for my next signal, and I more than doubled that on the next trade. :)

So, thanks to the OP for the heads-up, and good trading to you guys/girls.

#15     Apr 28, 2009