cursor keep freezing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Brianharvey, Jan 27, 2018.

1. My cursor keep freezing intermittently.
    Sometimes it seems like it happens like every 5 seconds a few times, and then it's ok for a few mins. Sometimes the gaps between the 'freezing' is bigger.

This error seemed to have come from nowhere. Bought this PC about 3 months ago and this error seemed to start happening a few days ago.

When it happens, it seems that it's only the cursor the freezes. The actual PC/programs that are running etc don't seem to freeze.

I've tried a few 'fixes' i've seen online which are mainly to do with power saving options on the mouse settings etc, but no change.

Anyone had this?

2. just21

just21

update the mouse driver.

3. tomorton

tomorton

My cursor freezes when the mouse battery's dying (I never turn it off).

Brianharvey likes this.
  4. CPU could be running high. Check your Task Manager to see. Could also be lack of sufficient memory. When you lose complete control of your mouse and /or keyboard, disconnect the power cord and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. Your problem could be a slight version of loss of complete control.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    tommcginnis likes this.
  5. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

I would first try the mouse with another PC, or the PC with another mouse, so that you at least can tell if it is a mouse or a PC problem...

Brianharvey likes this.
  6. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Oh PLEASE tell me you are not trading with a wireless freaking MOUSE! :D

7. tomorton

tomorton

Sure. But I don't do real-time entries/exits.

8. Embarrassing, but I hadn't thought of that! My mouse is wireless. I'll get some new batteries later and report back

edit: Won't let me update the OP, but each 'freeze' only lasts like 2 seconds. Sometimes I can go 20 mins without a freeze, othertimes, it seems to happen more frequently.

I have like 8GB of memory on there and it happens at times when i'm literally just surfing the web, so don't think it's a memory issue. PC is fairly fast.

9. Overnight

Overnight

Sounds like it might be radio interference if it isn't the batteries. You have a ham radio operator in your neighborhood? Those guys can put out a thousand watts of RF. Try a wired mouse and if the problem goes away then that was the issue.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  10. 777

On a side note: Try working in hot keys for extra speed.

#10     Jan 27, 2018