Currently Profitable Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ArbProfit, May 2, 2004.

1. globalfx,

STOP SPAMMING THIS BOARD ! it's getting ridiculous, from your lame market commentaries to your shady prop deal and your outrageous claims that FX is where big money is made and nobody makes $$$ in stocks ! enough already!

#41     May 5, 2004
  2. Dustin

Dustin

Kind of a biased opinion...

Of course traders aren't going to post publicly that they make that much consistently, but there ARE plenty of guys doing it. There are at least 4 guys who have posted in this thread that do make >$10k/mo. Not to mention I know at least 4 other guys on ET who make that much trading stocks.

#42     May 5, 2004
  3. EtfTrader

EtfTrader Guest

$10K/month? Your better off getting a job and sticking with it.

How about charging $500/year to use this board? That will weed out all the newbies. Tonight I must have read a dozen or more threads ranging from a trader who has a $200 trading account, to a poor sap who lost 1/4 of his account in one day.

This is hardly an Elite Trader board. More like a Yahoo! message board.

#43     May 6, 2004
  4. Canibus

Canibus

most dudes dat claim to be hittin big numbers in FX be frontin.
    aint dat easy and you get smoked when "fake a@@ volatility" created by da broker reprices on yo back.

stay da @#$% away from FX if you aint got game.

stocks be aight at times but you gotta know when and which one to play.

futures are aight but you gotta know dat you cant day trade corn like you can es nq ym.

Yo Im high good bye.

i think i be about ta black out now.

#44     May 6, 2004
  5. AC3

AC3

Trying 2 scalp in FX, as I have said many times on this site is a sure way 2 fat $0 in ur account ....... FX is a trend or Swing game .... take a posi site tight find ur exit and enjoy the ride......

#45     May 6, 2004
  6. Damn bro,you is one high playa.

#46     May 6, 2004
  7. #47     May 22, 2004
  8. Mecro

Mecro

Ok this is completely off-topic but your nonstop request to charge $500 a year has to be addressed. I myself am wondering whether you are a trader at because you show a complete lack of knowledge about business & cash flow.

If you charge members $500 a year for ET, you can forget about any advertising revenue. There are simply not enough members that would pay that, mostly due to lack of funds but mainly due to value. Many of the better traders on here do not post, read or visit this site enough to justify even a 1/3 of that $500 a year.

There would be an ET board imitation within a week that would hoard all the traffic and get the advertisers.

Look at any big communication medium and check how they make money. Charging their members/audience for fees or advertising. What is bigger, HBO or NBC?

Since you're obviously claiming yourself to be a real trader with real capital why don't you start an exclusive trading site that charges members? I'm sure you will have some members but whether you will beat Baron in net profit, that's very doubtful.

#48     May 22, 2004
  9. omniscient

omniscient Guest

CST - i like that. and i would do well to practice it. thanx for that kernel of insight :)

it's always entertaining to watch how eagerly the market will take back what it gave me.

#49     May 22, 2004