Currently Profitable Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ArbProfit, May 2, 2004.

1. Perhaps for you NYSE scalpers it might be (with no more bullets and all), but for the rest of the trading universe it will just be business as usual. Good luck...

#11     May 2, 2004
  2. AC3

AC3

Feeling that after a great start 2 the new year Im fading into a hope for a scratch trade on deals that I do ............... although my venue has and still is FX

#12     May 2, 2004
  3. 10K a month net is good trading profits. You've got a good strategy. How to make more is what you want to talk about? Don't change your strategy. Increase share size and you'll make more money.

#13     May 2, 2004
  4. Thanks reid, I'm actually netting significantly more than that, but wanted to hear from traders doing 10+. I have been increasing my size each month as my account grows (only been tradin 16 months) but am just looking to add some new strategies to diversify. You are indeed right that sizing up is important and I believe that all traders, once consistent, need to size up to a level that feels slightly uncomfortable so that they can push themselves (within reasonable risk perameters).

With market volatiliy so low it wouldn't hurt to have some other strategies in the works.

#14     May 2, 2004
  5. Please refrain from the negative replies and let the thread starter make his inquiry.

Thanks.

#15     May 2, 2004
  6. Why don't you give us some feedback on what your doing to get this thread started, then, maybe some others may choose to share some of what they are doing. Quid Pro Quo works for me!

Mike

#16     May 2, 2004

7. Yeh, I'm also interested in what kind of trader you are. Maybe you could tell us your methodology without revealing 'competitive secrets' or whatever.

#17     May 2, 2004
  8. Albert

Albert

Which markets? What time frames? What risk parameters? Are you daytrading, swing trading, using options, etc.
    Kinda hard to respond to the intro, but I can tell you what I do.
    It's basically Chicken Shit Trading or CST.
    I take a very long moving average and trade long above it (10-20 eminis) for a couple of points (on the ES that would be .25 increments and .5 on the NQ) to generate about $500 to $2000 per day. The bad news is that I can only trade 2-3 times per week because of my job. But since it only takes 10 to 15 minutes to get it on that's not so bad.
    Then, and this is the most important part of the system, I turn the computer off!!!
    If not, I will then spend the rest of the day giving it all back if not more.
    So, it's CST for me until I get the account back to 6 figures.
    Albert

#18     May 2, 2004
  9. nitro

nitro

LMAO.

nitro :D :D

#19     May 2, 2004

10. That is a sound methodology that actually works.

#20     May 2, 2004