Currently 30 world conflicts 28 of them involve muslims

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drukes1234, Jul 14, 2006.

1. I view this from a different perspective, although I don't disagree with all of your thoughts. I view this as religious extremism, whether it be christian or muslim. We have right wingers running America and we want to battle Jihad freaks. Until I see more proof of a global islamic uprising I don't brand all muslim as you have. This will be a long painful struggle.

#11     Jul 14, 2006
  2. I don't mean to brand all Muslim's as terrorists, but I believe alot more of them support terrorism and the destruction of America and Israel than most think.

#12     Jul 14, 2006
  3. OnlyIf

OnlyIf

LOL. If by normal you mean people from your state of the USA (or wherever) with the same religion as you then you are probably right. If you should ever travel the world (and stay a bit not just seagull the world) you will be surprised how many variations there are in the world view and behaviors.

If you mean that young unemployed muslims influenced by envy, hopelessness and small minorities seeking power through religion don't think the same way as your subsection of your society then you are probably absolutely right.

But "they don't view life the same way that normal human beings do" says a lot more about your views than theirs :)

But I do think that you are "somewhat right" in the view that more of them support terrorism than most USAnians think. Support is the issue in your statement. If I was a muslim living in a poor country who could never get ahead and got smacked on the head by some damned despot or another every time I moved. If as well I saw TV with Dallas and the OC and such shit all the time with rich useless people living a life I can't dream of. I would be disposed to view anything that took those rich lucky people (who are only living in the US by accident of birth) down a peg or two a bit positively and to cheer a little when they got taken down a peg. Whether that really implies support would be my question. Also whether there is a pretty big silent majority in those countries who don't have a view or just want a pleasant life is missing from the view of support --- after all there are tens of millions of Iraqis and I suspect only a small number of bombers.

Sad isn't it.

#13     Jul 14, 2006
  4. OnlyIf, I'm just going to let you know right now that from March 4th til June 15th I was travelling Europe and the Middle East and spent extended periods of time in Israel, Egypt and Jordan -- I feel I have atleast a decent grasp on the views over there.

Also, I'm Canadian, not American.

#14     Jul 14, 2006
  5. your biggest oil issue is communist/russian (with satellites), not muslim.

#15     Jul 14, 2006
  6. This thread should be in Chit-Chat

#16     Jul 14, 2006
  7. OnlyIf

OnlyIf

March 4th to June 15th is still just seagulling. It takes long periods in a country to start to see the real country and the real people.

Canadians are Americans (or do you live in another continent?)

#17     Jul 14, 2006
  8. bsmeter

bsmeter

And yet people like you keep on voting into office oil-men who only give lip service to energy independence. Could it be that most conflicts going on at the moment were started by us to control THEIR oil.

#18     Jul 14, 2006
  9. Onlyif: have you been to the middle east for a longer period?

#19     Jul 14, 2006
  10. We must liberate the oil. Oil wants to be freeeeeeeee!

#20     Jul 14, 2006