current traders at cygroup

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by richb7a, May 15, 2007.

1. richb7a

richb7a

Are you satisfied with firm? Thankyou.

2. SAFIN

SAFIN

Sure Im satisfied...

Are you thinking to join or leave?

3. They are using laser right
    What kind of margin do your get with them 10.1 or 20.1

4. SAFIN

SAFIN

They use laser and leverage can be higher than expected but depends on your account.

If I was gonna join a firm this one is one to respect at the moment...

Cheers

5. I've been there since July '06. Before joining Cy, I shopped around pretty much almost all the prop shops known on ET. It's been a very good fit for me. If anyone has questions, let me know.

6. HEy Don C
    Do they charge you a software fees
    I Heard that the laser platform is very good for Nasdaq or 1 of the best >Is it True - ?

7. I don't know about others, but for me, no. No software fee. I do pay data fee(nyse/naz/amex) which is very nominal. That's about it.

Laser is very fast for naz stocks and it does a really good job w/ listed stocks also. Before I started using Laser I read on ET that Laser wasn't as good for listed, but I've had no problem with it. Genesis has been improving the software since I joined CY.

Overall, thumbs up for CY.

8. pkny

pkny

couldn't find them on bbb.org
    I know they probably vary, but what kind of commissions can one expect with low volume? any interest on the deposit?

Thanks

9. I don't know what their volume schedule is like. Give them a call and find out. As far as I know, no interest on risk cap deposit. I'm pretty sure Don Bright will follow me pretty soon and boast how he pays deposit on his traders' risk cap and take over this thread. Just a matter of time... :p

10. You forget that he lets his traders use millions of dollars of capital, which is the only way to succeed - (trading 5000 shares of a $50 stock? pssh, you can't make money with positions that small!). You'll also learn that any strategy outside of pairs trading (because directional bets on... a spread... are somehow safer than directional bets on a single stock...even though they're both directional bets) or market making (which is soooooooo easy with .007/share!) is crap and won't work...

(sorry, it had to be said)

#10     May 17, 2007