current quotes to excel spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by stsslick, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Grant

Grant

Thank you, Jimmy. The same to you, mate.

Grant.

#31     Oct 30, 2006
  2. Hi, I am not sure if it is any help to you, but i have made an Excel spreadsheet of my open trades that gets free updates from yahoo finance every 3 minutes. Its handy for using on the laptop when travelling.
    Its on my downloads page
    www.precisiontradingsystems.com
    All instructions are on the extracting web data excel page.

Regards

Roger

Precisiontradingsystems

#32     Dec 14, 2006
  3. Hi, I am not sure if it is any help to you, but i have made an Excel spreadsheet of my open trades that gets free updates from yahoo finance every 3 minutes. Its handy for using on the laptop when travelling.

Its on my website downloads page

www.precisiontradingsystems.com

All instructions are on the extracting web data excel page.

Regards

Roger

Precisiontradingsystems

#33     Dec 14, 2006
  4. Grant

Grant

Roger,

I heard you the first time (joke).

Thank you for the suggestion. I use real-time European futures and options data, which if I’m correct, is not available via Yahoo.

Since the last post I’ve created a sheet via VBA which takes prices at any interval and stores them, building into a database. Unfortunately, it seems I’m now pushing my pc to its limits – slow to calculate, etc

I’ve book-marked your link and will look at it in greater depth in due course. I’m sure there is potential, here.

In the meantime, take a look at the following:

http://www.turboexcel.com/

Basically, this compiles Excel sheets – formulas, VBA, etc - into C++, and claims to speed up applications by up to 300%. Don’t hold your breath waiting for replies to any queries – I’ve mailed them three times, in vain. I may be a buyer, they are a seller. Where’s the fcking problem?

Grant.

#34     Dec 14, 2006
  5. Probably this site is just doing market research, to measure the number of queries, as knowing what people want is vital before actually investing time into making it.
    They dont reply to you because the product you want is not in existence yet.
    When they have got (N) responses, they may actually be able to make it and sell it....

Thanks anyway

Roger

#35     Dec 15, 2006
  6. Here is a site that you can get streaming data into excel that is very affordable.

http://www.marketfeed.com/mlink.htm

Eric

#36     May 15, 2007
  7. novais

novais

Is it possible to fetch RT data in mysql instead Excel?

#37     Jul 17, 2007