current quotes to excel spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by stsslick, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Grant

Grant

Bernoulli,

You may have thought of these already.

RAID 0; or manual (F9) calculation of Excel, possibly through a VBA timer, say every x seconds.

Grant.

#21     Oct 9, 2006
  2. Grant

Grant

Boulder,

I've looked at this and numerous others. Unfortunately, none are compatible with my feed (VisualCharts). And this is an ongoing problem for me.

Thank you, anyway.

Grant.

#22     Oct 9, 2006
  3. RAID 0? My discs are set up with it now but I don't see the connection.

#23     Oct 9, 2006
  4. Grant

Grant

Bernoulli,

My (limited) understanding was RAID splits, and increases, the rate of read/write to/from the hard drive.

Grant.

#24     Oct 9, 2006
  5. Why don't you evaluate to run some of the work on a RAM Drive to eliminate some I/O bottlenecks is any?
    Did you already try with a dual-core or (better) a dual-CPU setup?

#25     Oct 29, 2006
  6. Hey Grant,

I chanced on this thread and see that you use the VisualCharts feed and it's not compatible with Quotein.

I use IQFeed, QuoteTracker and QuoteIn and it works like a charm for me. IMHO if one software isn't giving you what you need, just find another more well developed commercially viable product.

There have been so many advancements in technology for the retail trader such that the professional really doesn't have much, if any edge over him/her in the markets today.

Regards,

Jimmy

#26     Oct 29, 2006
  7. Grant

Grant

Jimmy,

I've looked at all (?) US and English quote vendors. Then I started looking at European - German, Dutch and Spanish (Visual Charts).

Visual Charts is the only one which has what I need in terms of the ability to download, import and manipulate the required data, in the correct format, into Excel, and on acceptable terms (other European vendors may offer the same but at a higher cost).

I would even suggest the Europeans are on a par with - if not better than, in some cases - the US.

QuoteIn does not work with Visual Charts. However, VC has introduced a VBA module which downloads real-time data into Excel, including tick data. Moreover, this data can be downloaded after market closes.

Grant.

#27     Oct 29, 2006
  8. That's a good start.

Get'em to make it streaming and you'll be in business.

Regards,

JJ

#28     Oct 29, 2006
  9. Grant

Grant

Jimmy,

I thought real-time was "streaming"?

Grant.

#29     Oct 29, 2006
  10. The EOD comment threw me off.

Looks like you've got your bases covered.

Good trading to you.

JJ

#30     Oct 30, 2006