Current Delegate Counts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Cache Landing, Jan 8, 2008.

1. promagma

promagma

Correct

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/...d=news_view&newsId=20080204006265&newsLang=en

Ron Paul is picking up delegates left and right. Anytime another campaign cannot find a delegate willing to make the trip to the state convention, a Ron Paul supporter is there to fill the empty slot. Similar situation in Louisiana. The delegate counts on this thread are based on the popular vote, which is just a "guess", because in many states, delegates are uncommitted.

#41     Feb 5, 2008
  2. I wasn't trying to be harsh about it. I was juts pointing out that this thread wasn't intended to contain debate on voter fraud and other such theories.

If you want to rip on any particular candidate there are countless threads on which to do so.

#42     Feb 5, 2008
  3. True

#43     Feb 5, 2008
  4. You guys make a legitimate point, but jumping in to fill an empty slot here and there will not win a nomination or even put him in the top 2.

I realize that the counts on this thread include unbound delegates, but it reflects their most likely affiliation is it stands right now. It would be even greater speculation to try and estimate how many of those delegates might end up going with Ron Paul.

#44     Feb 5, 2008
  5. Looks as though Mitt is going to lock in the 18 AL delegates from West Virginia.

They haven't quite finished yet, but he has a commanding lead at 44%. Ron Paul was the only one knocked out after the first round with less than 10%.

It's only 18 delegates and the fact that Mac didn't even show up says something about this race. It is essentially Mac getting the larger states while everyone else fights over the smaller ones.

#45     Feb 5, 2008
  6. no prob.. just knock off the "non-sense" crap. did you educate yourself on the Maine contest?

#46     Feb 5, 2008
  7. You're right on both points. Bad choice of words, and I also should've been more educated on the Maine process. It appears that the two sources I mainly use for primary election structure didn't do a very good job of representing the strange format in Maine.

In any case, Maine results are still more speculation than fact. the point of my original Maine post was to the extent that Mitt seems to have great ability in "winning" the current preference of unbound delegates, while seemingly unable to pull off wins where it might actually gain him the support of bound delegates.

#47     Feb 5, 2008
  8. newbunch

newbunch

"-- Gov. Mike Huckabee is winner in West Virginia Republican convention, CNN projects."

#48     Feb 5, 2008
  9. Yep, I stand corrected. All of Mac's supporters went to Huck and he ended up edging Romney out for the win.

Should stand as a notice to Mitt. With the way that the GOP primary system is setup, you can't have all the candidates hating you and still expect to win. The other candidates can and will conspire against you.

#49     Feb 5, 2008
  10. no prob.... i appreciate the information you are sharing.

#50     Feb 5, 2008