Currenex, they say!!!

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cigarno, May 31, 2010.

1. In the example I gave earlier, the only thing a trader would need to do to arbitrage the difference would be to simultaneously buy at 1.2001 on Broker ABC and sell an equivalent amount at 1.2020 on Globex. You really don't care if EUR/USD goes up or down as you're delta neutral. At some point, the gap between the two will have to disappear since the quote at Broker ABC will go up and/or the quote on Globex will go down.

Since you think that OTC forex brokers can quote anything they want, can you give me an example and evidence of a broker whose quotes are different than those on Globex when accounting for spreads and commissions?

#11     Jun 4, 2010
  2. The poster of this thread is quite similar in persona to crgarcia.. Could be the same person?.......hmmmmm

Negativity and always with the "can't be done" mentality when they post...its getting old.

#12     Jun 4, 2010
  3. Surdo

Surdo

What exactly is your point you mook?

#13     Jun 4, 2010
  4. cigarno

cigarno

"the only thing a trader would need to do to arbitrage the difference would be to simultaneously buy at 1.2001 on Broker ABC and sell an equivalent amount at 1.2020 on Globex."
    Yes you can sell an equivalent amount of euro at globex but they will not be the euros you bought ABC.......for the billionth time you can not close your long position at ABC by going short on Globex .

#14     Jun 5, 2010
  5. Ok, let's say that you're right.

Here's the other part of my previous post:

Since you think that OTC forex brokers can quote anything they want, can you give me an example and evidence of a broker whose quotes are different than those on Globex when accounting for spreads and commissions?

#15     Jun 5, 2010
  6. cigarno

cigarno

Hey Kids........let us be professional....!!!!!
    answer this:
    Can you go short on euro/$ in the spot mrkt and then close your position by going long euro/$ in the Futures market and make profit from quote difference.
    If yes......then you are right.
    if no..........then I am right.
    End of Story.......!!!

#16     Jun 6, 2010
  7. Friends,
    Which prime broker do you use to trade on currenex?

Thanks

#17     Dec 16, 2011
  8. trading
    if you get the direction right, you get to win.

who gives a crap if you get dinged a few ticks on the way thru.

wanna " piss in the tall grass with the big dogs........."

then start your own bank.

lots of chapter 11 shells to choose from in the euro zone
    pick a country.

cheers,

s

#18     Dec 18, 2011
  9. Of course only PB´s with intact AAA rating...:D :D :D

#19     Dec 18, 2011
  10. Sorry who is PB ?

#20     Dec 18, 2011