Currenex, HotSpotFxi, Lava - Pimps for the Banks? - No Scalpers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Dec 21, 2006.

1. The problem I find with HotspotFxi is the spreads are wider than both lava and currenex in say 10-20 mio. Also their narrowest spread is usually only good for 1 or 2 mio.

Fxrelease - I am not sure what hubs you are comapring with but in my experience I totoally disagree with you about spread comparison. I do use Hotspot but each platform has a time and a place!

#251     Feb 8, 2007
  2. I've seen the same thing, LonEagle. I agree with you. Better spreads on CX than HotSpotFxi and definitely not the other way around.

#252     Feb 8, 2007
  3. Interesting. Half yrd is pretty juicy. Do you think that's Bank or Prop liquidity?

#253     Feb 8, 2007
  4. donperry

donperry

i've seen 0 spread on HSPFXI...regularly.

#254     Feb 8, 2007
  5. sorry, i just talked to hotspot yesterday and they were showing me 4-5 million consistently in a live feed on eurusd and the spreads were excellent. i trade at adm and eurusd is always 1pip. granted i can get many times 30million at 1pip but i don't see .5 pips. i personally do not discretionary trade more than 2million. to each his own.

#255     Feb 8, 2007
  6. fxrelease, i have had a live view of hotspotfxi for about a month and don't ever recall seeing choice spreads (of course, i haven't been staring at the screen every second). i have placed this feed side by side and the spreads are always wider than cx.

#256     Feb 8, 2007
  7. who is your cnx hub?

#257     Feb 8, 2007
  8. donperry

donperry

danger66, u can always go between the spread with a limit order

#258     Feb 8, 2007
  9. I have had Hotspotfxi for about a year and a half. I do use it but the spreads are not as good as lava or currenex and hence my volume on that platform is the least of the three .

Spreads on hotspot are rarely choice or even 2 pips on say cable.

#259     Feb 8, 2007
  10. But can't you do that with CNX also?

#260     Feb 8, 2007