Currenex, HotSpotFxi, Lava - Pimps for the Banks? - No Scalpers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Risktaker989,

You miss enterily the point of this thread; it's about the DEALING PRACTICES on the
    institutional platforms and not the financials of those companies.
    "Only the most well-capatilized companies " ?
    Do you mean RefcoFX ? :D

You are the first "serious" trader I met, that prefers FXCM over all other options.

If you have read TradeVipers experience on this thread
    with FXCM in regard to their rigged currenex platform, you should know better.

If you take that as a personal attack, so be it...

People who know me here on elite, have no doubt whatsoever regarding any personal agenda

Cheers.

#241     Feb 6, 2007
  2. There are only two firms that don't use the standard Currenex model (that all other Currenex brokers use): Man and FXCM Pro. Man has their own unique network (as I'm told by Currenex insiders), but it is still based on multiple banks providing liquidity.

FXCM, on the other hand, just plug their dealing desk to their Currenex platform. It is true that they offer "Currenex," but they are only giving you the technology - not the benefit of executing with multiple banks.

It's truly a no-brainer folks. If you don'g get clean execution and "unrigged" spreads, then what good are all the bells and whistles and outstanding "financials" for?

The opinion on ET on FXCM is extremely negative - it does not matter what a few suspicious members say.

#242     Feb 7, 2007
  3. I don' believe MB has a standard currenex trading model and niether does Baxter.

Both of these systems offer uniform liquidity to all traders whereas Currenex liquidity varies from clearer to clearer.

#243     Feb 7, 2007
  4. thanks Nick, point taken. now i know what this thread's focus is. sorry for my misplaced post...i'm very new to this forum so i'm still trying to get a handle on the vibe of certain threads without necessarily ready all the pages...hahaha (some are quite long).

if it helps any, i guess i can say that a big reason why my experience has been positive is that i'm a swing trader...typically i hold trades for several hours or days.

market makers in general are very accomodative to this style and so i've never been perceived negatively (just a theory) by the firms i deal with.

anyway, if there's any insight you think i might be able to provide i'd be happy to help. thanks again.

#244     Feb 7, 2007
  5. they like you because they are practically stealing from you and you dont notice. like the military's 50$ hammer and 30$ screwdriver. its hard to tell you are being ripped off if you are making money while it happens.

#245     Feb 7, 2007
  6. donperry

donperry

I scalp hotspotfxi by simply looking on the heavir side of the market.

take EUR.USD....if the bids are like 400Mio total with the nearest one to price in the 40mio, and the offer is like 30 mio and nearest one like 6 or so....i will take a long position immediately....market always seems moves to the side with the least orders.

just an observation i though i could share

oh TP is like 5 or so pips the most

#246     Feb 8, 2007
  7. Don

haven't seen HS liquidity. Is it usually 400M deep on Euro, and how many pips is that spread over?

#247     Feb 8, 2007
  8. donperry

donperry

around 5 pips

#248     Feb 8, 2007
  9. From my experience, the spreads on HotSpotFxi are nowhere as good as a few of the popular Currenex hubs.

#249     Feb 8, 2007
  10. hey, don i just talked to hotspotfxi and they pointed out how easy it is to do just that. hotspotfxi seems like a very good company. we might send some accounts there. their spreads are tighter than most currenex hubs. and they have more features for institutional traders than currenex technology. another thing i like about hotspot is if you see the price you get the price. they don't allow banks to whine and complain and take their money back from you. that is awsome. they seem like better advocates for traders than any other broker.
    please tell us more of your experience.

#250     Feb 8, 2007