Currenex, HotSpotFxi, Lava - Pimps for the Banks? - No Scalpers

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Dec 21, 2006.

1. AN ECN can also turn you off matching with bank streamers if they get a complaint of predatory behaviour and consider that its likely they are going to get loads more so want to save themselves the trouble.

Its highly likely you can still match with other clients (non bank streamers), but the liquidity is much thinner

#211     Feb 1, 2007
  2. there is no anonymity under currenex... exactly right, bank streamers and particularly DB's use last look option in fast markets to indiscriminately screw snipers or ppl simply trying to get out without getting killed... no better than the shadiest bucket shops... and i've posted more personal horror stories with Currenex for ppl who care to do a search...

GUI aside, i honestly wonder why ppl like them...

#212     Feb 2, 2007
  3. their GUI has like 3 functions
    if you want something cool have it written yourself and use the FIX api. that is cool
    currenex GUI sucks.
    Lavafx is way better.

#213     Feb 2, 2007
  4. Try StrategyRunner GUI for Currenex
    is also shows your overnight positions (even Currenex itself doesn't support this)

#214     Feb 3, 2007
  5. i deal with Orr from strategy runner and i have access through my prime to get what you're talking about.
    what kind of features do you like about the SR GUI?
    thanks for the heads up i'll definately look into this.

#215     Feb 3, 2007

6. Both the trade from chart and trading-pad order entry (with advance order management) are great for high speed trading (scalping etc) I also like the easy excel interface

#216     Feb 3, 2007
  7. The problem with Strategy Runner (based on the information that I've gathered so far) is that you can only use it with a brokerage firm that has a special SR server installed. From the brokers I have spoken to, only Man and I think now ADM have it. Am I correct here in my assumptions?

#217     Feb 3, 2007
  8. Man , ADM, and ODL, FXCM and United Global Markets,

#218     Feb 4, 2007
  9. fxyorky

fxyorky

Hello, could someone tell me the pros and cons of each. I am currently thinking of switching brokers. Who would you suggest as a currenex broker. Many thanks,

D

#219     Feb 4, 2007
  10. are there other threads for this? ha. we are on a roll here. i like this group.
    i'm at admd. i trade 2-12 million per clip per currency discretionary. adm is ok for volume but other hubs are larger. here is what adm does for us....they rotate in and out on a monthly basis new banks so that you can trade in various ways without losing depth of book. since many banks/liquidity providers will cut you off if you do not fit their risk model. adm will wipe the slate clean for you and rotate in new banks. they have about 25 relationships in their hub but they only run half of them at a time. this is the only real difference i've found after talking to many brokers.
    if you're interested in getting several currenex hubs and hotspotfxi, lavafx and fxall you can go to an IB like vcap futures in chicago. they will set you up with whatever you want. like a one stop shop.

#220     Feb 4, 2007