Currenex, HotSpotFxi, etc. through Globaledgetrading.com

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Sep 15, 2006.

1. siki13

siki13

Why is there EBS platform showing
    4pip spread on GBPUSD?
    http://www.vcapfutures.com/forex-trading/images/ebs-screen.gif

#31     Jun 26, 2007
  2. cstfx

cstfx

#32     Jun 26, 2007
  3. Look at the price too, 1.82. None of the past 3 years was the pound at that level in March..

#33     Jun 26, 2007
  4. cstfx

cstfx

True. I had to go back to March '04 to find a corresponding price. So there goes the Sunday theory.

Maybe someone who is familiar with EBS can confirm/deny whether or not participants have access to the full depth of liquidity or only a few partners like other ECNs (you know, not all Currenex have the same liquidity partners, etc).

Either way, spread should have been tighter on all of them, not just GBPUSD.

#34     Jun 26, 2007
  5. I just downloaded the HotSpotFXI demo and I'm comparing spreads realtime against IB/IdealPro. I didn't expect much of a difference considering they're both ECNs, but some of differences are intriguing. Recent 0.7pip spread on USDCAD at HSF vs 2pip spread at IB..

For a while, the spread on NZD/USD was 0.2 pip.. IB doesn't offer NZD yet, and the spread is 4-5 pips on the globex futures..

I wish I could demo the VCap platform(s) & feeds. That would make this decision much easier.

#35     Jun 26, 2007
  6. I'll be open with VCAP in another week. You can trade futures there as well as forex on all their credit lines to multiple portals. You can open up at other places for less commissions like ODL if you just want forex. Your commissions should be less and they work well with globaledgetrading platform.
    Of course to trade futures for clients in the US you need to be CTA which I am doing right now.
    The guys at VCAP are great and I think that is the most important part of an IB relationship. These guys are available all the time and the guys I'm talking to are pro traders themselves. I talk to Simon and he trades the 10year note. Paul trades gold I believe.
    Another topic from this thread relates to scalping. Be careful with scalping spread inversions. I was warned at length by VCAP that the banks will take you off their liquidity immediately if you become predatory. There are enough profitable scalps in this world to avoid taking the inversions. It is my understanding you can hit an inversion as long as you don't scalp it.
    Jeff Swanson

#36     Jul 4, 2007
  7. JayS

JayS

Has anyone tried FIMAT? We use to deal with them (over the phone) at the prior desk I worked on, top notch then (for institutional).

#37     Jul 4, 2007
  8. JayS, in the past we have accessed the FIMAT Currenex feed through PFG and I was not really impressed. With such high account opening requirements, I was shocked at how "average" their posted size and spreads were.

#38     Jul 5, 2007
  9. Is anyone familiar with Avail Trading Corp (atcbrokers.com)? They also offer prime accounts with Currenex, HS FXi, LavaFX and futures. Will have to call to confirm commission amounts.

Also, for those experienced, how do the other institutional platforms compare to HotSpot FXi (specifically EBS)? I must say I'm really taken aback by the spreads on FXi, sometimes 0.1pip wide, though 0.5 is more often the case. Rare to see spreads over 1.5pip. Does EBS come close to this? How about the others (CNX, Lava, Baxter etc)?

#39     Jul 6, 2007
  10. I am familiar with them. I opened an account with them for futures and closed it after 2 weeks when I found out they were going to charge me for a demo account after 30days even though I had a well-funded account with them. I don't know about the FX side, but make sure of all the fees beforehand if you decide to use them.

#40     Jul 6, 2007