Currenex, HotSpotFxi, etc. through Globaledgetrading.com

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Sep 15, 2006.

1. cstfx

cstfx

http://www.capitalforex.com/fx_all.php (unless it's an old link and they haven't updated their web page - possible since their Baxter screenshoot has Baxter's old web addy)

What type of leverage did they offer you for their Currenex?

#21     Jun 17, 2007
  2. siki13

siki13

Aarontrade is also offering currenex and
    FXall and you can ask them for additional liquidity (if your account grows) and
    it seams to me like they mean business.

http://www.aarontrade.com/html/forex_trading_-_account_minimu.html

#22     Jun 17, 2007
  3. cstfx, one of the fxall guys game me a tour of the ecn product you mentioned last week. The liquidity on that sucks and so do the prices. The spreads are not competitive at all. Maybe with time, it will get better. The other fxall product does require prime brokerage relationships.

siki13, I believe that Aarontrade is just an IB of ADM.

#23     Jun 17, 2007
  4. siki13

siki13

I am probably missing something but how would you open fxall account directly with
    ADM, i don't see that information on ADM website and what is downside if you
    go trough IB?

#24     Jun 17, 2007
  5. cstfx

cstfx

yeah, now I see it. It's their ECN version called Accelor. I can see how they are trying to go retail like Currenex and Hotspot, but what I found that was a turnoff was their focus on the word "potential", in other words this could be awesome, but it is not at present.

It seems that to get those spreads and liquidity I was hoping for I would have to go prime brokerage or broker dealer, but since I am in the process of registering, I will wait until we are legal to try to get accounts with FxAll. I can wait. When I do, I'll let you know my experiences.

#25     Jun 17, 2007
  6. Moe27

Moe27

try vcapfutures.com they have all the platforms you want if you have $250,000, they go thru fcstone and man.

#26     Jun 18, 2007
  7. Vcap is a great place. I know the people there well.

#27     Jun 18, 2007
  8. cstfx

cstfx

Thanks for the heads up about these guys. They seem promising for guys who are looking to trade a true pro platform; I can get on just about any professional platform, including EBS with as little as 250K. I'd need 5 mil just to get prime to use FxALL otherwise.

#28     Jun 25, 2007
  9. Regarding vcap..

If you apply for the $250k min. institutional account, is it possible to trade both futures and FX? Or must you establish two seperate accounts?

Also, do they publish their overnight swap rates for each currency? I can't seem to find it on their website.

#29     Jun 25, 2007
  10. cstfx

cstfx

Haven't figured that out yet. I'm getting the impression that they could do some tyoe of prime account. The fact that they clear through FCStone tells me that it may be possible, but maybe not on this level. If you start with the fx account, I might be able to get the prime thru fcstone w/o the large asset requirement. I'm going to talk with both groups later this week and I'll let you know.

#30     Jun 25, 2007