Currenex Compatible Platforms?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Aug 23, 2006.

1. johnmo, don't know about Hypertrader.it. Don't know if it works with CX. To tell you the truth, we had had a few back to back hectic weeks, so I didn't make the time to research it.

Nick, Futures_Man is right. Man and ODL work with CX, but any CX broker is able to do it. From my understanding, the SR server has to be installed at the broker's end, so there is some agreement that has to be signed between SR and the CX broker. You don't have to pay for the server. You just have to pay whatever SR charges per transaction. I believe it is $8 to $10 per million per side.

Viper, thanks for the screenshot of the platform. Who provides it? The word "Beta" leaves a bad taste in my mouth. We have been the guinea pigs much to often recently for a few platforms "rigged" to work with CX. I have had to put my own money on the line to test these things live before risking client capital. I'm sick of it already.

Anyway, I have been informed that sometimes you might even get kicked out of CX for scalping if one bank is at the best price most of the time. To avoid this from happening, I'm going to Vegas next week to meet with the owner of Globaledgetrading.com. Their technology allows you to access CX, HospotFXi, and I believe LavaFX. I don't know how the specifics work exactly, but the owner, Frank Conlin, sounded pretty convincing. Now we're swimming with the sharks, but can't get eaten.

Yes; our office is located in Miami, FL. I have lived here most of my life. Some of our family members and friends live in Miami Lakes. It's a small world after all...It's a small world after all..It's a small world...(now I have that song stuck in my head. Arrrgggh!)

Cheers.

#31     Sep 17, 2006
  2. Read carefully, will this platform do this?

Links the SL and TP orders to the position and cancels these orders if the position is closed out manually

#32     Sep 17, 2006
  3. ES whats up, it is my understanding that it does just so. But I will post tomorrow with empirical evidence that it does.

Dan I am the Guinea VIPER. And you are right, it is a PAIN.

Please no more Small World

The Ever Graduated H.M.L. '75 VIPER

#33     Sep 17, 2006
  4. JLarsen

JLarsen

Concerning Hyperorder (HO) I must say,
    there will be no chance to work with CX.

I really liked to use it, trading at IB, but the italian guys stopped
    supporting it (no update/maintance at the website since beginning of the year).
    I really wondering why they give up, because HO was the best I found for trading either futures or IDEALPRO at IB,
    and I tested many, many many tools.

Anyway, I am also still searching for CX autotrading, but I
    will need to connect the TradeStation to it, since the
    algorithm I use is all programmed in EasyLanguge took me
    a few years, to let it work nearly perfect.

SR will be the closest so far, using the DDE Interface for
    pushing data into TS GlobalServer.
    The order routing is still unsolved.

Very informative thread so far.

Have a sucessful week.
    Joerg

Joerg

#34     Sep 17, 2006
  5. As always your posts are most genuine and I always learn a lot from them....

The signouts are most interesting and have become your trademark.

Michael B.

#35     Sep 17, 2006
  6. JLarsen, I'll let you know how things go at Las Vegas next week. You might find a better option for your TS-CX combination.

#36     Sep 17, 2006
  7. JLarsen

JLarsen

Sounds intersting, I am looking forward to.

Joerg

#37     Sep 17, 2006
  8. Danger66,

I have been told (not from the source)
    that there is a one time set-up fee for the server and a monthly maintenance fee for
    SR-CX combination.

#38     Sep 17, 2006
  9. Nick, maybe that's for the broker to worry. I was told by Oded from SR that the broker has to install something on their server. It is a server-based application. Why would you have to pay for that?

#39     Sep 17, 2006
  10. I have not heard anyone mention Dan Raykhman's software. ChoiceFX is good stuff. Very fast and solid. Dan can tie together all API's from CNX, HotspotFXI, and LavaFX. He does not have FXall coded yet but will do it for the coding fee. I'm between Choicefx and Globaledgetrading FXadvisor software. The prices are the same at around $10/mio traded. If I get .5 pips better pricing each transaction due to portal aggregation it will more than make up for the fees. Of course money is money and I'll seek the best deal.
    I have used SR. I would say SR is the closest to Futures platforms I've used meaning the most conducive to scalping.
    Someone said Ninjatrader. I like the guys there but I was not impressed with the stability of the platform. I've heard in retrospect that my pricing engine could have been the issue. I was using Zen Fire unfiltered pricing through Ninja for futures. Also I've talked to NT guys and they say they are only doing Gain forex right now.
    Another comment worth making is that my personal API that I had written with multiple take profits, bring to breakeven + pips, stoploss, pips from market and slippage, and spread controls is much faster than the Currenex GUI.
    Someone mentioned CNX lookback or last look. It is real and you'll get busted if you are predatory. Banks will back away from you once you're labeled a scalper. If the market is volatile and moving fast you can expect to not get hit on your orders. My API has function to send orders 1+ pip worse than market on limit to allow only 'x' pips slippage.

#40     Jul 4, 2007