Currenex Compatible Platforms?

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by danger66, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Joerg, we are on a sliding scale that starts at 22 per million per side. The $4 per million per side increases our trading cost around 20%. I agree that the software is excellent, but the trader that we are brining on board will not use 99.9% of all the bells and whistles. All he needs is the ability to place OCO orders and position orders. He is a manual scalper.

I am still looking around and talking to a few firms that might have solutions for us soon.

Take care.

#11     Aug 29, 2006
  2. #12     Aug 29, 2006
  3. yaskevich, thanks for the info on Ninjatrader. I definitely like the lower cost structure when compared to Stategy Runner, but I didn't see any info on their website about their ability to be integrated with Currenex. Do you know if this is possible?

I did see that they're compatible with MBT, which has an ECN-based model and decent liquidity, even though their commission is around 50% higher than some Currenex brokers.

I already have an IB agreement with MBT while I wait for them to integrate their price feed to MT4 (if ever). Now I might give Ninjatrader a run with them as well.

#13     Aug 29, 2006
  4. JLarsen

JLarsen

Forget it.
    NinjaTrader is fine for IB and other supported broker but but does not support Currenex.

Joerg

#14     Aug 29, 2006
  5. Moe27

Moe27

do you know for sure if mb trading will switch to mt4 plaform

#15     Sep 1, 2006
  6. Moe27, Jon from EFX/MBT has been in talks with MT4 for the longest time. He tells me that they are working on this project, but who knows when (if ever) they'll have it ready.

Keep in mind that MT4 was never designed for Currenex or ECN's. It was designed with the unscrupulous retail broker in mind to play tricks on retail traders :)

All of the firms that are trying to integrate the Currenex feed into MT4 are having a lot of problems. IMHO, MetaQuotes hasn't really gone out of their way to help firms make this work. They have been pretty unresponsive. It seems as if they just want to keep selling MT4 at $100k a pop to retail firms and that's it. I guess they have a different standard of living over there.

Furthermore, MT4 does not accept partial fills, which is a natural part of any normal market or ECN. This leads to greater than normal trade rejections. I don't know what EFX/MBT will do about this, but from my understanding, this is hard coded into MT4 and can't be changed.

Let's see what happens. Good luck.

#16     Sep 1, 2006
  7. Danger66,

Have a look at

www.globaledgetrading.com

I believe they have in-house programmers
    who can accomplish what you want
    to achieve.

#18     Sep 2, 2006
  8. Currenex, Inc. has introduced CX SmartOrder™, an FX trading platform that allows traders to leverage algorithmic trading models, manage orders, and reduce market impact. This stand-alone platform runs on a trader’s own computer and includes standard trading models as well as a secure environment for Tick by Tick processing of a client’s custom algorithms. The platform aggregates liquidity from diverse sources and displays it in an easy to use format.

#19     Sep 5, 2006
  9. That's great Pippi436; the problem is that not even Currenex knows when the new version of the platform is going to be ready.:)

#20     Sep 6, 2006